Job Title: Global Manufacturing Business Analyst
Location: Peterborough, Camns
Salary: £35,706 - £41,700 (Depending on Experience)
• 25 days annual leave,
• Up to 10% bonus
• Contributory pension scheme - Caterpillar will double the employee's contribution Up to 10%
• Contributory share scheme - Caterpillar will match 50% of the employee's contribution
• CAT Advantage – Highstreet Discount Access
• Relocation/ Sponsorship: Not provided
Flexible working arrangements will be considered for this role, in-line with the needs of the business.
Who is Caterpillar? What do we do?
Caterpillar is a world leader in construction and mining equipment—creating innovative, cutting-edge products and services that help our customers build the world around us. With that level of impact comes the platform to care for the world, we work in. That’s why we lead sustainable green initiatives to preserve the environment, help reduce poverty with the Caterpillar Foundation and stay involved in the communities we help build.
What will Caterpillar do for you?
From day one, you’re set up to thrive at Caterpillar: helpful training, relatable mentors, global experience, competitive salary package, work-life balance and the growth opportunities you expect with a Fortune 100 company.
You power our success and we are committed to empowering yours. After all, when your work can impact the entire world, it’s important to do work that matters.
The Business Analyst works in conjunction with Purchase, Aftermarket, Business Resources and Executive Management to provide insight and analysis of the Global Manufacturing Engineering & Technology (GMET) strategic portfolio of programmes and projects that has global oversight responsibility for the future direction of Caterpillar’s Industrial Power Systems Division Medium Engines (IPSD-ME) manufacturing footprint. The Business Analyst is also a key member of the GMET team, lending insight, and involvement in key business initiatives to deliver exceptional customer experience.
• Understanding the divisional and GMET team vision
• Participate in contingency planning, investment analysis, forecasting, strategic planning, and the establishment of benchmarks for measuring financial and operational performance the GMET departmental objectives
• Extract and analyse operational data from various Caterpillar ERP and financial systems
• Disseminate value-added business intelligence, enabling leadership to quickly understand the business landscape and make fully informed decisions
• Develop easy to understand, on-demand interactive visual displays for functional and executive leadership
• Provide technical guidance and consulting services to GMET, increasing skill levels within the team
• Develop management reporting to improve visibility and control and planning of the GMET portfolio of programmes and projects, identifying and articulating requirements
• Engage in and coordinate key customer communication initiatives
• Monitor and maintain key performance indicators
• Provide GMET functional and portfolio financial accounting and reporting
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting or equivalent experience
• Demonstrated experience in a project-oriented work environment that includes coherent report preparation and communication
Skills and Experience:
Candidates will have gained the following skills and experience through previous roles:
• Drive to deliver ongoing operational improvement
• Strong visual and creative skills
• Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing
• Positive attitude and the desire to be a team player
• Strong people skills and the ability to engage all levels of the organisation
• Superior analytical skills, with the ability to translate analysis into recommendations
• Advanced MS Excel and PowerPoint skillset
• Knowledge of business process streamlining and continuous process improvement
• Excellent ability to build strong working relationships with a varied stakeholder group
• Ability to learn to manipulate data using analytics tools such as Power BI and Alteryx
• Understanding of the principles of change management, performance metrics and dialogues
NB. The panel cannot make assumptions when shortlisting therefore please demonstrate your qualifications and experience on your CV relevant to the criteria outlined.