What matters most to you? Is it being part of a strong team? Supporting your family? Solving global problems? You can do these and more at Caterpillar; where your work enables progress around the globe, and you contribute to meaningful work. Together, we can build what matters!
The Caterpillar Oil & Gas and Marine Division has an exciting opportunity for a Digital Technical Support Analyst in Virginia Beach, Virginia. In this position, you will evaluate and implement proposed program
changes or additions to systems and programs. Assist more experienced system
development and support personnel in developing solutions to customer related
requests and/or system problems. Integrate purchased solutions with Caterpillar
systems. Develop and write related program logic or integrate solutions into
the systems or infrastructure after testing functions of developed programs or
Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
This position reports to an IT Supervisor, Senior IT Supervisor or IT Manager
as do other staff jobs in application and programming sections. Customers may
include Caterpillar customers, dealers, internal Caterpillar organizations
(service centers and/or worldwide business units), suppliers, other Information
Technology teams or business partners. Responsibilities are within functional
lines with individual IT Applications Analysts assigned new program development
and/or maintenance of existing mobile, WEB, Cloud, server, personal computer,
mainframe, and/or distributed computing systems.
- Designs, codes, tests, and
debugs programs of varying degrees of complexity.
- Configuration or customization
of purchased software solutions.
- Evaluates recommended software
and/or program changes and their potential impact on the environment and
- Works on application/technical
problem identification and resolution, including off-shift and weekend
- Works independently on complex
- Under the direction of more
experienced staff, assists in the development or configuration of major
system modules and programs.
- Fully qualified to perform most
programming assignments without close management.
- Fully knowledgeable of
programming languages, program design and specification development,
programming logic, logic diagrams, testing, debugging and documentation.
- May perform integration tasks
for in-house developed systems and/or purchased software solutions.
- Bachelor's college or university degree (Computer
Science or related technical degree or 3 years equivalent
- Previous experience in Asset Intelligence.
- The incumbent should be knowledgeable of the
appropriate programming languages; computing hardware and software; and
current development processes and tools.
Top Candidate Will Also Have:
- Previous experience supporting industrial SCADA protocols
(J1939, CDL, Modbus, NMEA 2000, NMEA 0183, TCP/IP networking)
- Remote troubleshooting industrial software/hardware
- Familiarity of common programmable logic controllers
- The location for this position is Virginia Beach, Virginia
- No relocation assistance is available for this position
- This positing will close Wednesday, September 23, 2020 at
11:59 CST PM
This employer is not currently
hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship
tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global
company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which
can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified
individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with
disabilities - are encouraged to apply.