What matters most to you? Is it being part of a strong team? Supporting your family? Solving global problems? You can do these and more at Caterpillar; where your work enables progress around the globe, and you contribute to meaningful work. Together, we can build what matters!
The Caterpillar Oil & Gas and Marine Division has an exciting opportunity for a DevOps Engineer in Virginia Beach, Virginia. In this position, you will develop, integrate and/or support in-house
and purchased application or infrastructure solutions to solve business
Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
This position reports to an IT Supervisor, Senior IT Supervisor or IT Manager.
Customers may include Caterpillar customers, dealers, internal Caterpillar
organizations (service centers and/or worldwide business units), suppliers,
other Information Technology teams or business partners. Responsibilities are
within functional lines with individuals assisting in new program development
and/or maintenance of existing mobile, WEB, Cloud, server, personal computer,
mainframe, and/or distributed computing systems.
- Performs all duties without close
management. However, more complex assignments may require closer
management and assistance.
- Designs, codes, tests, and
debugs programs of varying degrees of complexity.
- Configuration or customization
of purchased software solutions.
- Works directly on
application/technical problem identification and resolution, including
off-shift and weekend support functions.
- Works independently on complex
modules that may be used by one or more programs or applications.
- Works independently on complex
projects that may span multiple infrastructure components.
- Under the direction of more
senior staff, assists in the development of major application modules and
- Participates in integrated
testing and user acceptance of application or infrastructure components.
- Works with vendors on the
integration of purchased application and/or infrastructure solutions.
- Assists less senior staff with
logic problems and interpretation of specifications.
- Fully knowledgeable of
programming languages appropriate to the platform supported, program
design and specification development, programming logic, logic diagrams,
basic system analysis techniques, testing, debugging, documentation
standards, file design, storage and internal systems.
- Designs and implements
processes, or process improvements, to aid in development and support.
- Bachelor's college or university degree (Computer
Science or related technical degree or 3 years equivalent
- Previous experience in Asset Intelligence.
- The incumbent should be knowledgeable of the
appropriate programming languages; computing hardware and software; and
current development processes and tools.
Top Candidate Will Also Have:
- Previous experience with Caterpillar Asset Intelligence
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Expertise in TCP/IP networking principles and the OSI
- Cloud capabilities (AWS, Azure, Google-cloud)
- Linux server administrator knowledge
- The location for this position is Virginia Beach,
- No relocation assistance is available for this position
- This positing will close Wednesday, September 23, 2020 at
11:59 CST PM
This employer is not currently
hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship
tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global
company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which
can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified
individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with
disabilities - are encouraged to apply.