What matters most to you? Is it being part of a strong team? Supporting your family? Solving global problems? You can do these and more at Caterpillar; where your work enables progress around the globe, and you contribute to meaningful work. Together, we can build what matters!
The Caterpillar Oil & Gas and Marine Division has an exciting opportunity for a DevOps Engineer in Virginia Beach, Virginia. In this position, you will assist in the development of detailed system specifications for major business or technical support and/or development, integration and implementation projects. Applies systems and/or infrastructure solutions to business/technical problems through customer interactions, design, programming, debugging, testing, and integration/implementation of automated information technology systems or infrastructure components.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
This position reports to an IT Supervisor, Senior IT Supervisor or IT Manager, as do other staff jobs in application and technical systems and programming sections. Responsibilities are within functional lines with individuals assisting in new program development and/or maintenance of existing mobile, WEB, Cloud, server, personal computer, mainframe, and/or distributed computing systems.
- Competent to perform all programming, development, integration and system administration assignments without close management.
- Designs, codes, tests, and debugs programs of high complexity.
- Configuration or customization of purchased software solutions with high complexity.
- Provides project management, programming, systems, and/or system administration leadership, guidance, and assistance to other team members.
- Works on more complex application/technical problem identification and resolution, including responding to off-shift and weekend support calls.
- Works independently on complex processes and modules that may be used by one or more programs, systems or in support of infrastructure component change management.
- Develops major system modules, programs or infrastructure released based on requirements gathered from system customers.
- Performs integrated testing and customer acceptance testing of system components that requires careful planning and execution to ensure timely, quality results
- Fully knowledgeable of programming languages appropriate to the platform supported, program design and specification development, programming logic, logic diagrams, system analysis techniques, testing, debugging, documentation standards, file design, storage and internal systems;
- Performs integration tasks for in-house developed systems and/or purchased hardware and software solutions.
- Assists customers with documentation, training and usability efforts.
- Bachelor's college or university degree (Computer Science or related technical degree or 4 years equivalent experience.
- Previous experience in Asset Intelligence.
- The incumbent should be knowledgeable of the appropriate programming languages; computing hardware and software; and current development processes and tools.
Top Candidate Will Also Have:
- Previous experience with Caterpillar Asset Intelligence
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Expertise in networking capabilities
- Cloud capabilities (AWS, Azure, Google-cloud)
- Linux server administrator knowledge
- The location for this position is Virginia Beach, Viriginia
- No relocation assistance is available for this position
- This positing will close Wednesday, September 23, 2020 at 11:59 CST PM
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.