Job Title: Global Manufacturing Data Analyst
Salary: £41,700 - £44,125 (Depending on Experience)
Location: Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
Benefits: 25 days annual leave,
Up to 10% bonus
Contributory pension scheme - Caterpillar will double the employee's contribution Up to 10%
Contributory share scheme - Caterpillar will match 50% of the employee's contribution
CAT Advantage – Highstreet Discount Access
Sponsorship: Not provided
Flexible working arrangements will be considered for this role, in-line with the needs of the business.
Who is Caterpillar? What do we do?
Caterpillar is a world leader in construction and mining equipment—creating innovative, cutting-edge products
and services that help our customers build the world around us. With that level of impact comes the platform
to care for the world, we work in. That’s why we lead sustainable green initiatives to preserve the environment,
help reduce poverty with the Caterpillar Foundation and stay involved in the communities we help build.
What will Caterpillar do for you?
From day one, you’re set up to thrive at Caterpillar: helpful training, relatable mentors, global experience, competitive salary package, work-life balance and the growth opportunities you expect with a Fortune 100 company.
You power our success and we are committed to empowering yours. After all, when your work can impact the entire world, it’s important to do work that matters.
A new and exciting role available within our Global Manufacturing Engineering and Technology (GMET) team at the Peterborough campus, for a Data Analyst to develop analytic tools and models to support global footprint and manufacturing efficiency improvements for new and existing products. This is an excellent opportunity to join a highly flexible, motivated, skilled and enthusiastic team.
The key focus for the role is to provide strategic direction and globally standardised manufacturing / production processes designed to enable the introduction of new products and provide best asset utilisation leveraging the capability of our world class production facilities.
This role requires experience in data analytics tools, knowledge of manufacturing and/or supply chain processes and will involve the design and development of business proposals and opportunities to maximise manufacturing efficiencies for current and future volume growth.
The successful candidate will utilise experience and knowledge gained through exposure to a range of functions and activities within Manufacturing Engineering, Production Engineering or Process environment to play a key role in the continued success of the company, providing analytical and process expertise necessary to design, develop and implement analytical tools and systems across IPSD’s global facilities.
This role represents an exciting step forward for individuals wishing to develop their analytical, project leadership skills and their career within Manufacturing Engineering.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
• Developing global footprint and global manufacturing efficiency analytics tools that identify opportunities growth in revenue and return on assets
• Accessing and utilizing quantitative and qualitative data to build simplified models, visual dashboards and tools that enable users to develop action-oriented insights
• Conducting research and data mining to provide direct insight to key process partners
• Supporting further development of the global footprint analysis model through considering the total landed cost across product range
• Leading analytics projects to deliver specific business outcomes
• Management and execution of manual and automated background data processes
• Developing globally aligned standards for manufacturing cost and efficiencies reporting
• The role may require up to 10% travel
Skills and Experience:
Candidates will have gained the following skills and experience through previous roles:
• A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience concentrated in a business, finance, economics, statistics, Manufacturing Engineering or analytics related field.
• Knowledge of manufacturing and/or supply chain processes
• Experience in two or more of the following: Tableau, Alteryx, Power BI, Power Apps, MS Access, SQL, Python, R, ERP systems, Manufacturing Execution Systems, Supply Chain Data Analysis, Simulation Modelling Software
• High levels of numeracy and strong analytical skills, including the ability to analyse and make recommendations on based on facts and data as well as ambiguous data sources.
• A structured approach to problem solving utilising quantitative and qualitative methods.
• Excellent written and oral communications skills and the ability to articulate complex information in a simple and concise way, including the development and delivery of presentations for senior management.
• Excellent interpersonal and team working skills, with the ability to successfully build relationships with a diverse group of individuals.
• Self-starter with a demonstrated ability to manage own assignments.
Candidates may have gained the following skills and experience through previous roles:
• Design and development of data strategies and business systems.
• Ability to manage complex projects across multiple workstreams and departments, including the development and maintenance of project plans.
• Leadership or participation in 6 Sigma projects.
• A detailed understanding of diesel engines and/or manufacturing & supply chain processes.
• Use of statistics tools to validate and solve problems
NB. The panel cannot make assumptions when shortlisting therefore please demonstrate your qualifications and experience on your CV relevant to the criteria outlined.