Job Title: Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Salary: £43,000 - £52,000 (Depending on Experience)
Location: Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
Benefits: 25 days annual leave,
Up to 12% bonus
Contributory pension scheme - Caterpillar will double the employee's contribution Up to 10%
Contributory share scheme - Caterpillar will match 50% of the employee's contribution
CAT Advantage – Highstreet Discount Access
Sponsorship: Not provided
Flexible working arrangements will be considered for this role, in-line with the needs of the business.
Who is Caterpillar? What do we do?
Caterpillar is a world leader in construction and mining equipment - creating innovative, cutting-edge products and services that help our customers build the world around us. With that level of impact comes the platform to care for the world, we work in. That’s why we lead sustainable green initiatives to preserve the environment, help reduce poverty with the Caterpillar Foundation and stay involved in the communities we help build
What will Caterpillar do for you?
From day one, you’re set up to thrive at Caterpillar: helpful training, relatable mentors, global experience, competitive salary package, work-life balance and the growth opportunities you expect with a Fortune 100 company.
You power our success and we are committed to empowering yours. After all, when your work can impact the entire world, it’s important to do work that matters.
An opportunity is available within our Global Manufacturing Engineering Team (GMET) at the Peterborough Engine facility, for a Manufacturing Engineer to design, develop and enhance our assembly line processes and equipment. This is an excellent opportunity to join a highly flexible, motivated, skilled and enthusiastic Manufacturing engineering team.
The key focus of the GMET is to provide globally standardised manufacturing / production processes and equipment, designed to enable the introduction of new products and provide best asset utilisation leveraging the capability of our world class production facilities.
This role requires expertise in manufacturing technology, assembly process design, quality processes, tool selection and introduction, and will involve the application of sound technical manufacturing/production engineering skills in both project and process-based environments.
The successful candidate will utilise experience and knowledge gained through exposure to a range of functions and activities within a Manufacturing Engineering, Production Engineering or Process environment to play a key role in the continued success of the company, providing analytical and process expertise necessary to design, develop and implement manufacturing processes and systems across IPSD’s global facilities.
This role represents an exciting step forward for individuals wishing to develop their project leadership skills and their career within Manufacturing Engineering.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
• Provide manufacturing engineering expertise and project delivery across our global processes
• Successfully introduce and implement new / existing products into full production by utilisation of production process best practices including cost effective, robust quality solutions
• Proactively work with our direct Production Operations customers and Product teams to produce global manufacturing engineering standards for our operations team to execute
• Planning and coordinating the procurement, installation and capability of new manufacturing / production equipment, controls and related equipment, ensuring latest technology is being used to increase efficiency and economy of operations ensuring delivered within time and budgetary targets
• Proactively participate in, and contribute to, cross functional teams utilising APQP, PFMEAs, root cause analysis, 8D and other 6 Sigma tools as necessary
• Apply techniques for determining work balance within workstations and adjoining processes using appropriate tools and technologies
• Work with external suppliers to design equipment, buy off new equipment, and approve specifications for modification of equipment
• Be responsible for supporting the development and implementation of Manufacturing planning and executions systems and enhancements (Manufacturing BoM, MES and associated systems)
• Be directly engaged with other parts of the enterprise/business at all levels to ensure project delivery against set deliverables