Job Title: Transportation Analyst
Salary: Negotiable, Depending on Experience
Location: Belfast, Northern Ireland (current remote working due to COVID)
Relocation/ Sponsorship: Not available
Benefits: 25 days annual leave
Contributory pension scheme
Contributory share scheme
Flexible working arrangements will be considered for this role, in-line with the needs of the business.
Who is Caterpillar? What do we do?
Caterpillar is a world leader in construction and mining equipment—creating innovative, cutting-edge products and services that help our customers build the world around us. With that level of impact comes the platform to care for the world, we work in. That’s why we lead sustainable green initiatives to preserve the environment, help reduce poverty with the Caterpillar Foundation and stay involved in the communities we help build.
What will Caterpillar do for you?
From day one, you’re set up to thrive at Caterpillar: helpful training, relatable mentors, global experience, competitive salary package, work-life balance and the growth opportunities you expect with a Fortune 100 company.
You power our success and we are committed to empowering yours. After all, when your work can impact the entire world, it’s important to do work that matters.
The Outbound Prime Product Logistics Team work with internal and external teams to execute complex movements to deliver engines and machines to our dealer and end customers across the globe. We are passionate about leveraging data to deliver actionable insight that impacts our Global Dealer Network. We play a vital role in driving Transportation operational efficiencies & processes for moving product from European facilities to Dealers and end customers worldwide.
As a Transportation Analyst within Caterpillar you will plan and execute international transportation shipments to reduce overall transit time and variability, improve in-transit inventory and transportation costs.
As part of your daily Management of engine and machine facilities for outbound transportation of finished product, reviewing metrics, current routings, transit times and cost. Solving complex transportation issues by communicating with different teams across the globe.
The successful candidate will be solution driven, customer focused, and have experience of logistic practices:
• Focus on Metrics, Data Quality and responsible for performance management on dedicated lanes
• Maintain sound relationships with contracted Service Providers to aid in improved contracted services at competitive costs.
• Liaise with Product Groups and Facility Transportation personnel to provide cost effective coordination, routing and guidance for shipments
• Support customer & dealer governance meetings
• Some travel may be required for business requirements
Top candidates will have:
• Job related experience
• Previous experience with end customer interaction
• Comfortable working within tight timeframes.
• Experience using data management techniques
• Effective communication skills
Candidates may also have gained the following skills and experience:
• French speaking
• Office 365 knowledge
• Knowledge of international trade regulations
• Experience working virtually
NB. The panel cannot make assumptions when shortlisting therefore please demonstrate your qualifications and experience on your CV relevant to the criteria outlined.
Pending the number of applications, the criteria for the position may be enhanced to facilitate shortlisting.
Close Date: 1st October 2020