This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Xuzhou, 32, China
Date Posted: Oct 1, 2020
Caterpillar’s Section Manager position leads
teams and supervises people in manufacturing sections to maximize efficiency in
quality, velocity and cost.
Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Monitors and improves shop floor safety, aggressively eliminates unsafe processes;
* Assures fixtures, tooling and processes are followed to meet production schedules;
* Determines priorities and sequences jobs;
* Schedules and prioritizes constrained resources, and adjusts staffing to meet flow and customer requirements;
* Evaluates, assess, identifies and leads the deployment of workforce training.
* Engage, support,
coach, develop, recognize people.
* Determines and executes disciplinary action when appropriate;
* Procures and distributes production material to meet schedules;
* Coordinate with
upstream and downstream and support functions on abnormal stops to complete
daily production schedule
* Control production overtime, material cost to the budget
* Ensures preventive maintenance is performed according to schedule;
* Implements, Lean Manufacturing, 6 Sigma, Internal Certification and others; and
* Section Value Stream Mapping;
* Actively deploys section value stream improvements;
* Practices and teaches CPS Guiding Principles;
* Initiates and conducts process improvement dialogs with Team Leads and Team Members and support functions;
* Drives root cause corrective action projects and drives continuous improvement;
* Leads section status reporting and monitors / audits section metrics; and
* Leads the creation, implementation and training of standard work procedures.
* ABET accredited Engineering or Engineering Technology degree (or equivalent);
* Good communication, interpersonal, teamwork, problem solving and leadership skills.
* Prior experience working in a manufacturing/assembly environment; and
* Lean knowledge, RCCA
* Ability to work with a diverse group of employees, support functions and customers.
* English skills, computer skills
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.