This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Mossville, IL, United States
Date Posted: Sep 24, 2020
Build What Matters
Caterpillar Large Power Services
Division currently has an opening for a Senior Electrical Engineer Design
located in Mossville, IL. This position is for an Electrical Architecture
Engineer. Incumbent will be responsible for electrical component sizing and
selection, as well as creating electrical system designs for energy storage
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
This position will be accountable for translating system requirements into appropriate electrical architectures for energy storage New Product Introduction (NPI) and New Technology Introduction (NTI) Programs. This includes the sizing and selection of electrical and electronic components, creating system schematics, and coordinating harness and cable designs. Responsibilities include working closely with the mechanical packaging teams and subject matter experts to create the electrical systems for Caterpillar mobile and stationary battery systems. In cases where existing electrical or electronic components do not meet system requirements, this position will include either designing or working with suppliers to create new components
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Computer, or Automotive Engineering.
- Minimum 6 years of engineering experience
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience with CAN Communications
- Experience with electrical component thermal modeling
- Familiarity with electronic circuit design and PCB layout
- Knowledge and Experience with DFMEA’s
- Experience in the development process for new components
- Experience with other electric drivetrain components such as motors, power electronics, etc.
- Knowledge of drivetrain systems for a range of architectures (hybrid, BEV, etc.)
- Experience with automotive, construction, or heavy machinery drivetrains
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- Location of this position is in Mossville, IL.
- This position may require 10% travel
- Relocation assistance is available for this position
- This position will close on Wednesday, September 23, 2020 at 11:59 PM CST
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.