This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Sosnowiec, Slaskie, Poland
Date Posted: Sep 24, 2020
As a Quality Engineer, you will perform a variety of duties related to the development and implementation of methods, procedures and equipment supporting the Caterpillar Quality Management System (QMS). Typical internal customers include employees from two or more work groups within a Division. Primary customers are internal. You will perform analytical process steps described in the Caterpillar Quality Management System and provide feedback to ensure continuous process improvement.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
• Collect/analyse quality data and investigate non-conformance to determine permanent resolution;
• Execute global quality processes as defined in the Caterpillar QMS;
• Perform short-term Quality activities such as respond to requests for print interpretation, deviation requests, engineering changes, inspection methods, etc.;
• Coordinate various Quality training programs as well as the sample part program;
• Identify, analyze, and resolve non-conformance;
• Investigate problems on worked, purchased, finished, rough, and/or interplant material. Coordinate long-term investigation programs as required;
• Investigate, develop and implement electronic clerical or data handling systems to increase the capability and efficiency of the division;
• Generate periodic reports regarding the quality status of high dollar suppliers and any significant trends indicated by the data;
• Provide technical expertise in the analysis, development and implementation of new and revised systems and instructional methods;
• Perform role of specialist within the group and provide interpretation and problem solving advice to others inside and outside of the department.
• Knowledge of various engineering, manufacturing and/or maintenance standards and practices;
• Strong analytical skills;
• Personal computer skills and familiarity with various software packages;
• Two years of technical school, apprenticeship program, a junior college diploma or the equivalent of on-the-job training;
• Good human relations skills;
• Effective English communication skills - both oral and written;
• Readiness to train in the field of measurements with quality machines.