Prove Design Technician/Job Code 214D
**This is a T63 hourly position with a starting pay of $21.14 in Clayton, NC. **
As a Prove Design Technician, you will work on new and current products. You will be an integral part of validating designs and software alongside the engineering community to produce world class machines and work tool attachments.
Job duties include:
- Build, rework, and repair machines and work tools attachments
- Troubleshoot mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical issues utilizing Caterpillar technical drawings
- Fabricate sheet metal parts while being able to repair main structures
- Change out large and small components (engines, pumps, motors, valves, hydraulic lines, harnesses, cab components, etc.)
- Operate machines to diagnose issues as well as validate repairs performed
- Maintain shop equipment, vehicles and tools implementing the principles of 5S discipline
- Help with upkeep of the PD area grounds and Endurance Area equipment
- Requires a mechanical and electronic aptitude with a working knowledge of assembly practices
- Demonstrated history of excellence in working with engineering groups to solve problems
- Independently function in a flexible work environment, able to work on any BCP product
Physical Requirements (with or without reasonable accommodation):
- Ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods
- Ability to perform repetitive operations
- Ability to lift up to 35 lbs.
Top Candidates will also have:
- Intermediate or greater skill operating BHL, MHE, STTT and SWL machines
- Prove Design, Reprocessing or similar experience on BCP machines
- Forklift and materials handling experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Good communication skills, both orally and written
- Ability to work in Team Center with Viz Mockup models
- Initiative and maturity to work independently
- Willingness to travel on Field Follow trips
Resumes are highly encouraged for all applicants.
Please ensure you frequently check the e-mail account you provided on your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method in our recruiting process.
EEO/AA Employer. All Qualified
individuals including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with
disabilities- are encouraged to apply.