Location: Xuzhou, 32, China
Date Posted: Sep 16, 2020
Caterpillar’s Section Manager position leads
teams and supervises people in manufacturing sections to maximize efficiency in
quality, velocity and cost.
Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Monitors and improves PT shop floor safety, aggressively eliminates unsafe processes, include assembly area and painting area.
* Assures fixtures, tooling and processes are followed to meet PT production schedules;
* Determines priorities and sequences jobs;
* Schedules and prioritizes constrained resources, and adjusts staffing to meet flow and customer requirements;
* Determines and executes disciplinary action when appropriate;
* Procures and distributes production material to meet schedules;
* Ensures preventive maintenance is performed according to schedule;
* Implements, Lean Manufacturing, 6 Sigma, Internal Certification and others;
* Evaluates, assess, identifies and leads the deployment of workforce training;
* Section Value Stream Mapping;
* Actively deploys section value stream improvements;
* Practices and teaches CPS Guiding Principles;
* Initiates and conducts process improvement dialogs with Team Leads and Team Members;
* Drives root cause corrective action projects and drives continuous improvement;
* Leads PT section status reporting and monitors / audits section metrics;
* Leads the creation, implementation and training of standard work procedures.
* implement company policy, principle, and cascade to PT staff.
* Make out yearly work plan and breakdown to monthly, weekly, daily work plan.
* Previous experience in engineering, process, assembly-relevant jobs;
* Familiar with PT assembly/painting process and equipment;
* Good communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills.
* Ability to work with a diverse group of employees and customers.
* Prior experience working in engineering/assembly line is preferred;