This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Nashville, TN, United States
Date Posted: Sep 23, 2020
Support various portfolio management efforts for Caterpillar Financial Services Corporation (CFSC) by providing customer service in the North America Business Center (NABC).
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Responsibilities vary, but may include various combinations of the following duties:
1. Responds to customer inquiries by resolving general customer issues such as calculating interest paid, account reconciliation, answering general payment questions, providing credit references, loan balance confirmations, creating amortization schedules, identifying contract booking errors, and issuing copies of documents.
2. Performs general account maintenance such as late charge waiver and address changes.
3. Responds to customer needs and works to develop relationships with Caterpillar dealers and Territory Managers.
4. Researches and evaluates more specific customer issues, develops an overall understanding of the NABC and FPD and refers customers to the appropriate department within for problem resolution
5. Assists in the customer satisfaction process including reviewing customer satisfaction surveys and providing follow-up to customers with outstanding issues.
7. Researches errors and identifies the appropriate contract and amount to be applied. Works closely with other NABC units to resolve disposition of buyout fund problems.
11. Identifies discrepancies in funds and buyout quote. Determines whether the discrepancies are due to additional interest calculated, late charges, taxes, insurance premiums, etc.
12. Researches excess funds issues and works closely with Customer Receivables Manager to determine how to apply excess funds to overdue accounts or issue a refund to the customer.
13. Follows up on insurance continuation or disposition if no insurance evaluation is part of the buyout package. Works with Caterpillar Insurance Services Corporation (CISC) to receive credit for insurance not used but paid in advance.
14. May review insurance policies and endorsements and may negotiate wording with insurance carriers.
15. Participates in accomplishment of continuous improvement objectives for the department. Progress toward accomplishment of these is measured through maintenance of necessary measurements and analysis of associated data. Participates in the identification of problem areas and development of resolutions to address them.
16. Understands the Harassment policy of the company and is responsible for its application in all aspects of employment.
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND KNOWLEDGE:
1. Knowledge of and ability to apply math computation skills.
2. Knowledge of financing and taxation principles.
3. Knowledge of and ability to calculate casualty vales and amortization schedules.
4. Knowledge of customer services concepts and techniques
5. General working knowledge of documents and the information contained therein specifically as it relates to customer inquiries.
6. Knowledge of finance/leasing products, policies, and procedures.
7. Knowledge of UCC filing requirements and regulations.
8. Knowledge of accounting principles and the ability to verify accuracy and completeness of such information.
9. Ability to analyze customer credit summaries.
10. Knowledge of accounting, leasing and collections systems.
11. Knowledge of insurance policies, products and coverage.
12. Ability to sit, focus on computer screen, and type on keyboard for long periods of time (at least 2 hours).
13. Ability to contact customers via telephone system for long periods of time.
14. General working knowledge of financial products and tools available to customers and the ability to use cross-selling techniques to improve acceptance and increase customer utilization.
15. Ability to be a committed student of the business; seek knowledge and experience to benefit current performance and prepare for future advancement.
16. Ability to nurture strong working relationships with other headquarters personnel, territory managers, and dealer personnel.
17. Ability to work efficiently guided by the priorities set by management; strives for continuous improvement in performance of duties.
18. Ability to learn and practice CFSC policies and procedures.
19. Ability to work together with colleagues to achieve unit goals without losing perspective of overall CFSC goals.
A 4-year college or university degree in any discipline is recommended. Equivalent experience may be substituted for education.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.