This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Nashville, TN, United States
Date Posted: Sep 23, 2020
Provide sales support to the local office, FPD Field Sales team, Caterpillar dealers, MBD’s and OEMs.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provides finance quotations to Cat Dealers, customers and internal staff. These quotations may include various suggested alternatives or scenarios.
2. Provide valuable subject matter expertise on financial products to Cat Dealers, customers and internal staff including, financial merchandising programs and benefits of working with Caterpillar Financial. May work with Dealers and internal staff to develop and coordinate merchandising focus programs and assist in sales promotions.
3. Understands and can efficiently utilize local office systems.
4. May generate and send document packages to Dealers, customers and internal staff.
5. Utilizes knowledge of financial transactions, state, federal, personal and property taxes and UCC regulations, if applicable, to prepare the correct documents.
6. Prepares transactions for documentation outside of booking system and provides casualty values and amortization schedules.
7. May gather and analyze Corporate Account customer information and documents to ensure correct document preparation such as constitution, board resolutions and searches.
8. Final prices transactions before funding, including verifying the correct pricing, merchandising programs and amending quotes as needed before funding.
9. Assists in investigating and resolving outstanding customer or merchandising claims (grief) for customers and assigned dealers.
10. Assists in the development, maintenance and execution of Caterpillar driven merchandising programs and may assist with training dealers and internal staff.
11. May make recommendations on sales related issues by developing, analyzing and maintaining local office, area and region office sales and statistical reports, which determine the growth opportunities, effectiveness of sales efforts and competitiveness. May prepare specific reports as requested from time to time by Dealers and internal staff.
12. Explains documentation, credit evaluation, sales promotions, merchandising programs, quoting, collections, cash applications any conditions precedent and all finance products (i.e.: tax and finance leases, governmental leases, and ISC’s) to Dealers and customers.
13. May prepare manual invoicing for specific customers as needed.
14. May explain invoicing issues to customers and independently resolve billing questions.
15. May assist dealer personnel and internal staff with Dealer Wholesale financing including, short-term receivables, Dealer invoices and other Dealer financing programs. This assistance would including understanding and application of relevant wholesale merchandising programs, interacting with internal staff including, Treasury, Accounting, Dealer Credit and Document Services and ensuring quoting, booking, funding and reconciliation.
16. May preform the overall process of resolving lease end of term options and balloon payments including quoting, credit analysis, documentation, customer interaction and resolution.
17. May work with local MBD Machine Reps, dealers and internal staff when needed on marketing leads and tracking systems, Merchandising Programs, reporting and other items as needed.
18. Assists in managing Sales Excellence initiatives (participation reporting, Assigned Accounts, etc.).
19. May provide equity analysis, dealer executive reviews, job site solutions quoting and CFSARL quoting.
20. May provide sales support for a specific dealer(s) territory and focuses on supporting the entire sales process within their territory.
21. May assist with dealer training and dealer communication and may travel to dealers to provide training.
22. May price machines in current CFSC inventory for purposes of remarketing.
23. May quote rental terms for current CFSC inventory
24. May respond to field requests to identify potential future inventory in current lease portfolio.
25. May provide back-up support to Remarketing Sales Reps for machine quoting and/or dealer enquiries.
26. May collect market competitive information to support machine pricing.
27. May provide machine sourcing information to dealers.
28. May assist Remarketing Sales Team with Pipeline Management.
29. Participates in accomplishment of continuous improvement objectives for the department. Progress toward accomplishment of these is measured through maintenance of necessary measurements and analysis of associated data. Participates in the identification of problem areas and development of resolutions to address them.
30. Understands the Harassment policy of the company and for its application in all aspects of employment.
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND KNOWLEDGE:
1. Successful completion of the Sales Support Global Learning Plan in accordance with the associated timeline.
2. Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply math computation skills including working knowledge of a financial calculator.
3. Demonstrated knowledge of ability to analyze customer credit summaries and past due accounts.
4. Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply financing and taxation principles.
5. Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to prepare sales reports and sales related statistical reports.
6. Demonstrated knowledge of sales, credit and customer services concepts and techniques.
7. Demonstrated knowledge of Caterpillar products, their applications, and their markets.
8. Demonstrated knowledge of CFSC financing and leasing products and documentation principles.
9. Demonstrated knowledge of past due account collection procedures and techniques.
10. Demonstrated knowledge of billing, invoicing, and dealer payment principles and concepts.
11. Demonstrated knowledge of UCC filing requirements and their applicability to bankruptcy laws and regulations.
12. Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to calculate casualty values and amortization schedules.
13. Demonstrated knowledge of finance and leasing systems (such as InfoLease or other comparable systems) to answer accounting related customer or dealer questions.
14. Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with customers and dealer personnel.
15. Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain reporting techniques to determine the growth, effectiveness and competitiveness of CFSC.
16. Demonstrated ability to develop accurate, competitive and timely finance lease quotes for customers at an acceptable yield to CFSC.
17. Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and prioritize daily job tasks to maintain high quality service to internal and external customers.
A 4-year college or university degree in any discipline and a minimum of 2 years exempt experience in credit, customer services, collections, marketing, financial statement analysis and/or accounting is recommended. Previous exempt work experience must be progressively increasing in responsibility and accountability and demonstrate an ability to gain in knowledge, skills and responsibility such that a level of full competency can be reached. Equivalent experience may be substituted for education.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.