Build more than machines. Build a career with Caterpillar.
As a Machine Operator, you will perform the duties associated with the machining of engines blocks and cylinder heads for Caterpillar Diesel Engines. Machine Operators report to Section Managers and will be assigned within the operations department.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Operate machining equipment to produce parts free of quality defects
* Maintain records related to inventory, quality, defective parts, and defective equipment
* Maintain a safe and clean workstation
* Maintain or exceed production standards as set by the company
* Submit and assist with the resolution of C.P.S. Continuous Improvement cards
* Follow standard operating procedures and area specific work instructions
* Provide information to supervisors and managers about processes within assigned area
* All other duties as assigned
Qualifications Basic Qualifications:
* Beginner level experience with electronic standard work or SOP's
* Beginner level experience with Microsoft Office
Physical Requirements (with or without reasonable accommodation):
• Ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods
• Ability to perform repetitive operations
• Ability to lift up to 35 lbs.
Additional Information: Resumes are highly encouraged for all applicants. This is an hourly position with an entry wage of $14.00/hr in Schertz, TX.
Full time position with full benefits (Healthcare, dental, vision, 401k with 6% company match, and life insurance benefits)
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.Caterpillar.com/Careers.