Location: 's-Hertogenbosch, 's-Hertogenbosch, Netherlands
Date Posted: Sep 15, 2020
Caterpillar Work Tools & Services (CWTS) in 's-Hertogenbosch is a subsidiary of market leader Caterpillar Inc., an American Multinational, active in more than 200 locations across the world with more than 100,000 employees. CWTS designs, manufactures and sells Work Tools for excavators and currently employs around 240 employees. Caterpillar is focused on diversity, inclusion and innovation. Additionally, we organize special activities for local charities and communities.
For our facility in ’s-Hertogenbosch we are currently looking for a Section manager
What will you be doing in this position?
· Monitors and improves shop floor safety, aggressively eliminates unsafe processes and reduces absenteeism;
· Creates department plans
· Assures fixtures, tooling and processes are followed to meet production schedules;
· Determines priorities and sequences jobs;
· Schedules and prioritizes constrained resources, and adjusts staffing to meet flow and customer requirements;
· Manages and holds team accountable for their actions within area of responsibility;
· Actively deploys section value stream improvements;
· Initiates and conducts process improvement dialogs with Team Leads and Team Members;
· Drives root cause corrective action projects and drives continuous improvement;
· Leads section status reporting and monitors / audits section metrics;
· Leads the creation, implementation and training of standard work procedures.
What do we have to offer?
· Opportunities for personal development and training;
· Support from external providers and corporate experts;
· Flexible working arrangement;
· A market-related salary and bonus plan;
· Fulltime function.
Do these skills and qualities define you?
· Bachelor degree in a Manufacturing-related discipline (Mechanical Engineering/ WTB).
· Minimum of three years’ experience in a supervisory function in a production environment is required.
· Previous experience in Lean Manufacturing, manufacturing operations processes, materials and / or quality;
· Good communication, interpersonal, teamwork and collaboration skills;
· Good knowledge of Dutch and English Language (spoken and written) is required;
· Prior experience in manufacturing / operations planning and / or manufacturing experience;
· Ability to work with a diverse group of employees and customers.
Aquisition will not be appreciated.