This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Hosur, TN, India
Date Posted: Sep 29, 2020
As an Indirect Buyer, you will provide purchasing solutions expertise, using Quality, Cost, Logistics, Development, Management to deliver maximum value.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may
include, but are not limited to:
* Responsible and accountable for development, and/or communication and implementation of a local or regional sourcing strategy
* Managing policies, Contract agreements, source catalogues, and special purchasing programs; and supporting specific Production and NPI programs
* Provide leadership for sourcing, logistics and resource management decisions
* Lead continuous improvement initiatives and new product introduction activities within Purchasing
* Responsible for creating Purchase Orders and Schedule agreement, Grief resolution, material planning & scheduling,
* Knowledge on P2P process, taxes & duties, Vendor management, Invoice GRIR & MIRO process knowledge.
* CAPEX / Capital / MRO Purchasing, CBS SAP knowledge in MM module and Global material procurement process
* Knowledge in COUPA platform – end to end solutions.* Good negotiation Skill.
* Undergraduate degree from a college or university – or equivalent experience
* Functional leadership
* Ability to lead teams, suppliers and customers to effective solutions
* Analytical, problem solving, and project leadership skills
* Fluent in English language
* Effective communicator in written and oral form
* Well-developed interpersonal skills
* Fluent in multiple languages
* Min 5+ yrs Experience in Indirect Purchasing, logistics, manufacturing, and/or engineering
* Professional certification in Purchasing and/or Inventory Management
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.