This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Suzhou, 32, China
Date Posted: Oct 15, 2020
A Logistics Engineer is responsible for leading or supporting the proposal, design, and implementation of all related logistics processes, machinery & equipment, storage concepts, among other things for Integrated Logistics Services projects. This position is located in Suzhou, China.
A Logistics Engineer is responsible for leading the design & implementation of logistics projects for greenfield or brownfield sites and providing support to Logistics Engineers on similar projects. In a lead role, a Logistics Engineer should have the ability to lead junior Engineers on projects, with a capital budget of up to US$3,000,000 and an expense budget of up to US$500,000. A person in this role is expected to lead 2 complex project, 3 simple projects, or support for up to 4 projects at one time.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
The job duties of a Logistics Engineer are to design and implement successful logistics solutions.
To be successful, a Logistics Engineer must utilize technical skills and soft skills described below. The technical skills are defined below:
1. data purification & analysis;
2. warehouse storage design & manufacturing point-of-use (POU) design;
3. machinery & equipment design and procurement;
4. workforce & equipment planning;
5. logistics process design;
6. inventory transfer & rearrangement planning; and
7. integrating supply chain knowledge into warehouse design.
In addition, it is expected that logistics engineer is knowledgeable about the local WMS system and can integrate this into the overall design of the facility.
In addition to technical skills, a Logistics Engineer must demonstrate intermediate to strong skilled levels of the following values-based competencies (VBCs):
1. integrity & trust;
2. building inclusive relationships;
3. customer focus;
4. problem solving;
5. priority setting; and
6. dealing with uncertainty.
Although the requirements above describe most of the responsibilities of the analyst, due to the breadth of issues that arise on projects, it is sometimes expected that a Logistics Engineer take on other responsibilities outside of this job description.
degree in a related field OR equivalent experience (supply chain, logistics, or
• Willingness to travel up to 50% of the time throughout the year, with some months in excess of that.
• Be proficient in English as well as the Mandarin.
• 8+ years of related experience, preferably in Logistics engineering, warehouse operations, supply chain, or manufacturing
• Strong PC Skills (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, & AutoCAD)
• Advance user level VBA (Visual Basic for Applications) programming skill for Excel macros
• Understanding of SAP system - Materials Management (MM)
• Warehouse design & point of use (POU) design experience
• Knowledge of warehouse storage and material handling equipment
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and leadership skills.
· Knowledge and understanding of
lean, 6 Sigma principles
· Ability to work independently with minimal direction
· Understanding of SAS /Python and R
· Visualization tools - Power-BI
· Previous experience in IT Systems experience preferred
· Must demonstrate superior innovation, leadership, initiative, judgment, interpersonal skills and ability to communicate quantitative information effectively
· APICS CPIM or CSCP Certification (a plus)