This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Chennai, TN, India
Date Posted: Sep 22, 2020
As an Engineer, incumbent
will be working on large structures for Hard Rock Vehicles. Incumbent will have
the opportunity to direct and contribute to the concept, development, and
design of complex components, subsystems, or processes while strengthening your
analytical skills and mastery of engineering concepts. Incumbent will partner
with and provide technical guidance to global teams. Incumbent will contribute
to the planning and delivery of projects, continually learn and stay abreast of
innovative technology, mentor and coach team members, and broaden your
professional network. You will lead NPI projects, responsible to deliver PQVC targets
(People, Quality, Velocity & Cost), Maintain the Product Health through
resolving 12MIS/2MIS - CPI issues, will be involved in regional supplier
development, build support and support aftermarket/mine site services.
Skills/Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Perform structure design, design verification (capable to do complex design in Creo).
* Perform component placement & weld analysis
* Strong knowledge in structural material and techno commercial knowledge for various material and process
* Strong ability to understand end to end material process for structural components.
* Actively support a prototype, pilot, or production build and perform audit.
* Perform bolted joint analysis & Creo simulate or equivalent FEA analysis.
* Effectively apply design related Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) steps
* Good understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing, engineering drawings, manufacturing processes and Machine Bill of Material (BOM).
* Performs design calculations and accountable for design decisions.
* Research and develop new technology
* Perform needs analysis and initiate ideas. Evaluate new products, processes, or systems.
* Communicate results to customers, suppliers, team members, and other business units
* Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
* Relevant work experience required: 10-13 years with Bachelor Degree or 7-9 years with Master Degree or 3+ years with Doctorate Degree
* Strong analytical, communication and interpersonal skills
* Emphasis on initiative and self-starting tasks
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
* Strong project management skills – Developing, maintaining and executing to a project management plan. Ability to develop & leverage a global network of engineering resources.
* Active participation in a Technical Society (SAE, IEEE etc.)
* 6 Sigma yellow Belt certification
* Exceptional ability to perform complex analysis tasks using FEA (preferred with Creo simulate)
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.