This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Decatur, IL, United States
Date Posted: Sep 22, 2020
Your role as a Quality Manager at Caterpillar is to support site supplier quality functions. This is predominately reactive role focused on swiftly addressing supplier quality issues that impact operations and keep production humming. A good manager concurrently works to evaluate risk and develop quality assurance plans focus on Incoming quality audits and supplier audits.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
· Sets priorities (talent for Risk Assessment) and recommends solutions to problems to support production requirements
· Provides support for quality initiatives
· Ensures Quality professionals are trained and competent to perform their duties
· Accountable for conformity to global quality processes and management reporting
· Establishes review schedules for product and equipment quality control
· Leads and manages process execution and develops plans and tools in support of all quality systems and processes, in alignment with Caterpillar Production System principles
· Defines method acceptance criteria priorities, alternative equipment and material certification and recertification
· Disposition non-conforming material through analysis of defects and root cause identification
· Attends internal certification meetings at the corporate level interfacing with other facility and corporate coordinators and plant contacts for customer/corporate approval of certification
Expert with GD&T and Metrology equipment (Vision Systems, CMM, 3D laser & Blue light scanners)
ASQ quality certification- CQE, CRE, CMQOE, CQA, CSSBB
Experience with Product design and design software, Creo
Good human relations skills are needed to develop a cooperative work relationship with others inside and outside the department
General understanding of the Caterpillar organization, products, policies, and procedures
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.