Location: Bangalore, KA, India
Date Posted: Sep 14, 2020
As an Senior Associate Engineer you will be supporting Large Engines team to perform Engine or Genset System integration in various applications including Electric Power, oil and gas or Marine towards NPI, CPI, Maintenance, Cost Reduction programs. You will work with a team to solve technical problems and delivery of projects, continually learn and stay abreast of innovative technology, mentor and guide team members, and deepen your professional network
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
• Design and development Genset components, systems and related processes
• Engine or Genset System integration for various applications
• Technical drawings, schematics and engine room or power plant layouts.
• Mechanical design of gensets incl. all detail drawings, center of gravity, mounting, installation drawing and bill of material.
• 2D/3D drawings of welded constructions, piping arrangements, supporting steel structures, exhaust gas and combustion air system arrangements
• Basic construction-related calculation (for eg system back pressure)
• Determine mechanical components (i.e. compensator) for customer contract.
• Conduct technical evaluation, design calculations and participate in design decisions
• Utilize & follow key product development processes (FMEA, DVP&R, APQP, PPAP etc.) inherent in NPI, CPI & Cost Reduction Programs.
• Provide technical support to Manufacturing, Quality, and Purchasing Engineers during the proto development
• Following and updating designs through Virtual Validation, Build, Test and Validation processes
• Communicate results to global Process partners and other team members
• Keeps abreast of latest technological advancements
• Knowledge of Engineering Materials and Manufacturing processes like Casting, Forging, Machining, Surface Finishing and Heat Treatment Processes are needed
• Complete projects on time and on cost
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
• 3 to 8 years of experience in the Design, Development and Integration of engines into systems for various applications
• Product knowledge on Engine Mechanical systems and components (fabrications, castings, hoses, pipes)
• Strong analytical skills & good mechanical aptitude with ability to develop product concepts
• Willingness to travel globally up to 15%.
• Good communication, interpersonal and collaboration skills.
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
• Master’s degree in an accredited Indian or Global Engineering schools
• Proficiency with component design & development
• Excellent analytical skills (including understanding of Bolted Joint Analysis, Tolerance stack up, FEA, Vibrations)
• Ability to perform complex assignments
• Self-starter with strong project management skills
• Enjoys working in a fast paced, technically challenging environment