Location: East Peoria, IL, United States
Date Posted: Sep 14, 2020
Caterpillar is partnering with Illinois Central College to sponsor apprentices enrolled in the CICESS Secure Software Apprenticeship program in the development of a program designed to combine on-the-job training in field of cyber security and classroom instruction to develop a talented workforce.
The Caterpillar enterprise is very large in scale and fluid with the demands of the business. Individuals must be self-motivated and have a strong desire to learn and adapt to a variety of work assignments/technical tools/languages while working in a team environment and focusing on the value we bring to the enterprise.
THIS POSITION IS FOR STUDENTS ENROLLED IN THE (CICESS) CENTRAL ILLINOIS CENTER FOR EXCELLENCE SECURE SOFTWARE APPRENTICESHIP PROGRAM. FOR DETAILS ON THIS PROGRAM CLICK HERE
The main function of these IT Apprentice positions is to work side-by-side with cyber security professionals within the Information Security & Risk Management organization at Caterpillar to supplement their classroom studies with real-life professional cyber security experience.
We are looking for two individuals that are passionate about developing a career in cyber security to work part-time during their time within the ICC Secure Software Apprenticeship program. Apprentices will spend time working independently and alongside employees in the following areas of Caterpillar’s Information Security department:
Infrastructure Protection Team – Empower security critical processes such as firewall rule set management and subsequent firewall rule change request security assessment.
Threat Detection Team – Operationally support the deployment, configuration, and ongoing maintenance of the primary security tools that keep the enterprise secure from threats and infections.
Data Protection Team – Operationally support the deployment, configuration, and ongoing maintenance of the primary security tools the protect highly valuable intellectual property and the detection of unauthorized movement of sensitive information.
Application Risk Management – Assist in the team that provides application security services including SAST (Static Application Scanning Testing) and DAST (Dynamic Application Scanning Testing) and works with application owners to improve the security posture of the given application
Information Security Governance & Risk Management – Work with the professionals that define Caterpillar cybersecurity policy and drive awareness of risk of non-compliance.
- Perform documented security processes
- Manage incident tickets and respond to customer needs
- Assess FW rule requests for compliance
- Operationally support production security tools for adds/moves/changes and break/fix situations
- Documentation creation and modification associated to security artifacts of cyber security tools or enterprise security policies
- Conduct research and report upon findings and/or provide recommendations
- Perform self-study, peer review, or external training to develop technical expertise
- Work directly with individuals throughout the enterprise to drive awareness of vulnerabilities and development of risk treatment plans
- Participate in security activities such as Attack & Penetration testing, application code scanning, risk assessment, and many others
- Security data analysis and visualization (reports/dashboards)
- Processing of security findings and risk treatment plans
- Operational support for Application Risk Management procedures
Threat & Vulnerability Management – Participate in the team that performs lifecycle management of enterprise vulnerabilities from discovery to awareness to remediation.
Thousands of Caterpillar employees come into work every day. While they perform their daily tasks, they’re really contributing to the work of a powerful global team. At Caterpillar, we know that innovation happens step-by-step, piece-by-piece, person-by-person. Everyone has a vital role to play at our organization. Modest, small projects can grow and evolve into groundbreaking, world-changing technologies, machines, services and more through collaboration and teamwork in a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Caterpillar couldn’t be the company it is today without the men and women who shape it by producing their best work. Because employees power the success of Caterpillar, the company is committed to empowering the success of the employees. When employees win, so does Caterpillar.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment based non-immigrant and immigrant visas. However, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website www.caterpillar.com/careers.