This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Chennai, TN, India
Date Posted: Oct 14, 2020
JOB PURPOSE: To direct and participate in the concept and design of complex engineering products for release to production in a manner to ensure products provide superior performance, durability, quality, serviceability at the most affordable cost.
JOB DUTIES: This position represents the journey level position within design engineering. The primary role of a Engineer is that of an individual contributor to the planning and delivery of a project.
Key areas of responsibility encountered in this role may include any or all the following:
- Elaboration of technical concepts and specification of electro-technical components and their integration to the engines in terms of hardware and control units.
- Support for designing of 3D-engine harness drawings.
- Creation of specifications, requirements and interfaces in accordance with MCS and CSA rules.
- Clarification and elaboration of IGF-code.
- Development of cost reduction measures regarding electrical components.
- Planning and execution of component tests in the laboratory and on the engine in the test field.
- Support of the engine assembly in manufacturing facilities globally in case of electrical problems.
- Creating parts lists for the Large engines control systems / cabinet installation
- Support of the customer service department in electrical troubleshooting.
- Elaboration of technical solutions for After Sales Department.
- Contact to development service providers and suppliers of electrical parts.
- Ensuring the availability of the required volumes of parts for the assembly phase of the respective customer engines.
- Representing the interests of the department in internal and external meetings (NPI, CPI).
- Follow the “Stop to fix” process for long term product improvement.
- Marketing support for creation of project guides.
Success factors –Demonstrating excellent analytical skills and a mastery of engineering concepts. Major challenges facing incumbents are meeting design goals for cost, reliability, performance, timelines and managing multiple priorities.
Engineers must manage their own development, continuously learning through experience and staying abreast of technology. This position provides a platform for growth and leadership skills development. Incumbent will have opportunities to work with a diverse cross function team for development of world class engineering solutions for our global products.
Key skills and Knowledge requirement: