This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Johannesburg, State Not Specified, South Africa
Date Posted: Sep 24, 2020
JOB SUMMARY: Managing the end to end credit lifecycle for Cat Financial South Africa by carrying out the activities necessary to provide credit to customers within acceptable limits of risk to the company. Making informed credit decisions within a prescribed mandate by taking into account evaluation and assessment of the applicant’s financials, credibility, stability, security and business case viability.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES:
1. Assessing and approving credit applications (for existing and potential clients) and annual reviews of existing facilities on an individual basis and as part of a credit team/panel.
2. Conducting an in depth quality credit assessment and risk analysis and applying the relevant credit roadmap and debt structuring principles as per credit policies to all credit applications and facility reviews.
3. Applying a proactive approach in identifying high risk clients and assisting in monitoring and where necessary restructuring credit facilities of high risk clients.
4. Monitoring client’s compliance with terms, conditions, securities and covenants for facilities which were implemented to mitigate the Company’s risk.
5. Ensuring prompt credit approval turnaround time to ensure retention of clients.
6. Building and fostering objective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders including product houses, internal and external clients and team members.
7. Delivering exception credit service by providing proactive, innovative and appropriate solutions.
8. Ensuring compliance with governance in terms of legislative and audit requirements.
9. Working across jurisdictions, deep understanding of mining, construction, oil and gas sectors and multi-tasking.
10. Conducting client visits where deemed necessary and assisting front line with complex deal structures.
11. Deadline driven in terms of reporting requirements on a monthly basis.
12. Participates in accomplishment of continuous improvement objectives for the department.
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND KNOWLEDGE:
1. Thorough knowledge of and demonstrated ability to apply computation skills.
Thorough knowledge of and demonstrated ability to apply financing and taxation principles. Develop thorough knowledge of Caterpillar products, their applications and their markets.
2. Deep knowledge of credit concepts and techniques.
3. Demonstrated knowledge of financing and leasing products.
4. Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply past due account collection techniques.
5. Thorough knowledge of financing and leasing documentation principles.
6. Ability to apply effective oral, written, and listening communication skills with dealers, customers, company personnel, and the financial community.
7. Ability to operate office equipment including a telephone system, financial calculator, and desktop/laptop computers.
8. Experience and knowledge of the mining and construction industries.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: A 4-year university degree or equivalent diploma and a minimum of 4 years exempt experience in credit, collections, marketing and/or financial statement analysis is recommended. Equivalent experience may be substituted for education.