Maintenance Technician - (1st Shift)
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Denison, TX, United States
Date Posted: Sep 19, 2020
As a Maintenance Tech at Caterpillar Inc., you will work on activities of the Maintenance Department associated with facility repair, maintenance, and installation of machines, tools and equipment in our facilities.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Follow all applicable policies and procedures and ensure safety rules are observe
- Wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (safety glasses, goggles, gloves, ear plugs, metatarsal safety shoes, etc.) as required
- Required to work overtime schedule as requested to meet production needs based on established overtime procedures
- Perform mechanical, hydraulic, electrical repairs and preventative maintenance on equipment and machinery
- Perform facility maintenance, repairs and general upkeep to include but not limited to HVAC, plumbing, and electrical
- Complete required documentation related to work orders, requisitions, reports and logs
- Participate in problem solving, continuous improvement initiatives and provide feedback in areas of People, Quality, Velocity and Cost
- Use hand tools, portable powered hand tools, overhead cranes, electric hoist and other powered equipment
- Use andon for identification of variance from standard work
- Be available to assist in other areas as needed
- Participate in activities and exercises in support of the Caterpillar Production System (CPS) – 5S, RIWs, etc.
- Maintenance Knowledge
- Ability to Train Others
- Team Work
- Problem Solving
- Positive Attitude
- Must be physically mobile with ability to sit, stand, bend, stoop, reach and climb
- Must be able to lift, push, pull and carry up to 35 lbs, up to 20 lbs occasionally and up to 10 lbs frequently
- Must be able to see, hear and speak
- Subject to inside environmental conditions – protected from weather conditions but not temperature changes – exposure to occasional temperature extremes (below 32 degrees or above 100 degrees)
- Subject to outside environmental conditions
- Basic knowledge of air/hand tools and their proper application
- Basic knowledge of measuring devices
- Basic knowledge of blueprint reading
- Previous maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment
- Journeyman Electrician License
Caterpillar is not currently hiring foreign national
applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer,
such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a
global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S.
which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers
Please ensure you frequently check the email account you
provided on your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the
primary correspondence method in our recruiting process.
For more information, visit caterpillar.com. To connect with us on social media, visit caterpillar.com/social-media