Location: Nashville, TN, United States
Date Posted: Sep 14, 2020
This is a paid, nine-week internship during the summer of 2021 in Nashville, TN. Housing will be provided.
As a Finance Intern at Cat Financial you will be assigned to a specific
department and given at least one project to work on for the duration of the internship. You will work side by side our Finance professionals as a part of a team to deliver a wide range of financial management services to a variety of business associates including suppliers, subsidiaries, business units, dealers and customers. You will be expected to use your analytical skills and work independently. At the end of the summer you will prepare and deliver a presentation to Executive management on the details of your project. You'll gain professional and personal growth through the program and you will also have opportunities to interact with senior leaders and other interns through group activities such as social events and leader presentations. Interns will also participate in a community service activity during the summer.
1. Establish working relationships with a variety of functional areas across the company.
2. Maintain and/or develop reports with minimal instruction and translate data into meaningful information.
3. Analyze financial data and market trends as it relates to the business.
4. Contribute strategically and provide recommendations for process enhancements.
1. Minimum 3.0 Cumulative GPA on a 4.0 scale at the time of application. Must maintain a 3.0, which will be verified before the start of the internship.
2. Completed a junior year in Finance, Business Administration, Economics, Marketing, Communications and/or International Business before the start of the internship.
1. Ability to work independently, as well as with other employees and customers
2. Knowledge of and ability to apply statistical analysis skills to measure, analyze and improve service
3. Ability to utilize office software systems and prepare documents, reports, spreadsheets and graphics
4. Strong communication, leadership, and teamwork skills
5. Bi-lingual skills a plus.
About the Company
For over 30 years, the Financial Products Division has offered a wide range of financing and insurance alternatives for Caterpillar® machinery and engines and Solar® gas turbines, as well as other equipment and marine vessels. FPD includes Cat Financial, Cat Insurance, Global Mining Finance, Global Power Finance and Capital Markets.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.