Caterpillar's Oil and Gas & Marine division has an opening for a Digital Product Owner in Virginia Beach, VA.
The Digital Product
Owner works as a member of a Agile Team to help maximize the value of the
product and the work of the Agile Development Team. The Digital Product Owner works intimately with the
ScrumMaster and the Development Team.
In this role the Digital Product Owner’s primary task is to create and manage the Product
Backlog and to ensure everyone knows the priorities of the Product
Backlog. The Digital Product Owner is empowered
to make all decisions regarding the Product Backlog. The Digital Product Owner is typically the individual
closest to the business side of the project.
- Responsible for small projects, with moderate
complexity, of less value to the organization.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for maximizing the value of the
product and the work of the Development Team
- Responsible for creating, maintaining and prioritizing
the Product Backlog according to business value for the life of the project
- Communicate Product Backlog priorities to the
- Act as the key decision-maker regarding what
features the product will have
- Responsible for the vision of what is to be
built, and conveying that vision to the team
- Assists with the elaboration of epics, themes
and features into user stories that are small enough, or granular enough, to be
achieved in a single sprint
- Responsible for conveying the vision and goals
at the beginning of every sprint
- Work closely with key stakeholders throughout
- Responsible for making decisions on release
dates and content
- Represent the customer, interfacing and engaging
with the customer
- Participate in Daily Scrum as needed
- Participate in Sprint Planning meetings, Reveals
- Inspect the product progress at the end of every
Sprint and accept or reject the work that has been done by the Development Team
- Act as the voice of the team, communicating
- Be a good role model of Scrum values; understand
the framework and the roles of each team member
- Be a champion for the agile community and help
to further the community within the organization
also responsible for performing other job duties as assigned by Caterpillar
management from time to time.
- Four year Bachelors degree preferably in computer science, information systems, marketing, communications, engineering or related field
- 3+ years of experience as a product manager.
- 3+ years of experience leading a technical team while simultaneously managing multiple projects.
- 1+ years of experience with the Agile methodology.
- Product Owner certification (SAFe)
- Demonstrated ability to communicate appropriately to ensure a teams success.
- Domain expert in industrial applications.
- Strong accountability planning/organization, and teamwork.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills to deal with sensitive, emotional or potentially controversial situations.
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
- Experience managing projects using Agile software tools such as Mingle, VSTS, JIRA, Team Services, Rally.
- Experience working with onshore/offshore team model.
- Demonstrated ability to empower teams.
- Strong accountability, teamwork, and interpersonal skills, and communication skills.
- Knowledge of SDLC and demonstrated experience employing SDLC in aspects of the project management process.
- Background in Information Technology.
- Good knowledge of Caterpillar policies, standards, procedures, and a broad understanding of Caterpillars organization policies, standards, procedures, and a broad understanding of Caterpillars organization.
-Experience working with Caterpillar Marine Digital Applications: Trident and Asset Intelligence.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Position is located in Virginia Beach, Virginia
- Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
- This position will close Friday, September 18, 2020 at 11:59 PM CST.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.