WE BUILD WHAT MATTERS
What matters most to you? Is it being part of a strong team? Supporting your family? Solving global problems? You can do these and more at Caterpillar; where your work enables progress around the globe, and you contribute to meaningful work. Together, we can build what matters!
The Electric Power Division has an exciting opportunity for a Head of Engineering - Caterpillar Electric Power Rental located in Texas. As a Head of Engineering - Caterpillar Electric Power Rental at Caterpillar, you will have managerial direction to a division or department with responsibility for the integration solutions packaging of multiple technologies, multiple functions or disciplines, entire product line(s) or process, or both process and product development and integration with a long range focus on technology, connectivity, product families, and entire major processes or services.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Must be a visionary and capable technical leader and integrator and is typically responsible for multiple technologies, multiple functions or disciplines, ability to optimize entire product line(s) or process(es), or both process and product development and integration to provide a technically compatible and financially viable solution(s)
* Has a broad knowledge base of Mechanical, Electrical, and Digital connectivity systems integral to the packaging of core technologies into packaged solutions
* Responsible for orchestrating the movement of people within their organization and beyond to maximize their development and that of the larger Caterpillar organization
* Key responsibilities include tracking and monitoring the organization’s business plan, reviewing and monitoring first level project milestones and budgets, owning processes, guiding the definition of work processes, facilitating the acquisition of tools, physical resources, and intellectual capital, building teams, conducting technical reviews and overseeing departmental budget roll-up
* Interface with internal and external customers, gathering and responding to customer feedback and guiding the organization’s focus towards meeting customers’ technology, product, service and business needs
* Previous team leadership experience and organization skills are necessary. Advanced program management skills are critical
* Requires the integration of major operations, technologies, products and diverse strategies. Incumbents will be dealing with a global marketplace both in terms of customers and in terms of sourcing suppliers, production and talent
* Requires excellent human relations, interpersonal, and communication skills and ability to deal with sensitive issues, mentor, grow and coach and/or persuade others on new technologies, new applications, or potential solutions
* Operate to strategy at the division level
* Solve problems for multiple technologies, multiple functions or disciplines, an entire product line or process, or both process and product development and integration for the Cat Rental Team and its clients
* Requires an accredited Engineering degree or a closely related technical degree
* 15+ years of experience in utility power plant design or modular power plant design
* 3+ years supervisory experience required
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
* An advanced degree is highly desired
* Previous experience in hybrid micro grid design
* Excellent human relations, interpersonal, and communication skills at a senior level and ability to deal with sensitive issues, mentor, grow and coach and/or persuade others on new technologies, new applications, or potential solutions
* Ability to work with muli-cultural teams
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.