Location: Thiruvallur, TN, India
Date Posted: Oct 29, 2020
As an Engineer, you will have the opportunity to design hydraulic lines of new global products and processes. In this position, you will build your technical expertise while learning product development through practical application and staying abreast of innovative technology. You will also build your professional network, engage with peers and receive guidance from mentors in the field.
Job Duties / Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
In this role, you will deepen your knowledge base of Caterpillar’s products, technologies, processes, services and systems, which you will use to:
• Perform hose / tube design, coupling selection, bracket design (creating complex design in Creo);
• Understand and apply knowledge of hydraulic schematic diagram of machines;
• Create complex Hose and tube lines routing in order to accommodate machine layout;
• Actively support a prototype, pilot, or production build and on-machine hydraulic lines test;
• Perform failure analysis, identify root cause, generate ideas and propose solution to medium / complex hydraulic lines problems;
• Evaluate new products, processes, or systems;
• Perform product and process maintenance;
• Communicate results to customers, suppliers, team members, and other business units;
• Apply knowledge of GD&T in engineering drawings & manufacturing processes;
• Daily collaboration with global engineers on prioritizing, planning and executing of projects;
• Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in an accredited Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Automobile Engineering
• Relevant Work Experience: 4 – 8 Years
• Strong analytical, communication and interpersonal skills
• Emphasis on initiative and self-starting tasks
• Strong knowledge in hose routing and tube assembly, material properties, and fitting selection of the hose / tube
• Sound knowledge in manufacturing & assembly process
• Experience in completing the full NPI program start to finish with a focused responsibility for the development of hydraulic lines design.
• Incumbent should possess working knowledge on Creo
• Knowledge in SDP fluid lines
• Requires adequate knowledge on general engineering practices and teamcenter engineering enterprise.
• Challenges include managing their own development by continuously learning through experience and staying abreast of technology changes.