Location: Griffin, GA, United States
Date Posted: Oct 22, 2020
Large Electric Power
provides industry-leading distributed generation products, systems and services
to help our customers and Dealers succeed. Utilizing our diverse and
highly-skilled global team, we provide best-in-class power density, quality,
velocity and total cost of ownership. We invest in research and development,
Lean manufacturing and are positioned to achieve profitable growth by
capitalizing on megatrends in our industry.
Caterpillar currently has openings for Operations Team Members supporting the Electric Power Division located at the Griffin, Georgia facility. The Electric Power Division manufactures C32 and 3500 series diesel and gas engines, and manufacturing enclosures serving the following industries: electric power, oil & gas, marine applications and Cat machines around the world.
The incumbent is responsible for medium to heavy assembly which consists of installing critical enclosure components in a variety of engine systems or generator set components. The incumbent is also responsible for the assembly of large generator packages, wiring of control panels for the generator packages, and the construction of Canopy containers to house the generator packages.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
• Daily tasks and assignments are provided by normal routine leadership or working with established procedures.
• Activities involve moderate system proficiency and data input
• Normal routine adjustments with equipment and a normal level of problem identification and resolution are necessary in performing job.
• Communicates effectively with inter/intra shift employees. Daily contact may also require a wide range of contacts within and outside the company.
* Minimum of 12 months manufacturing experience
* Experience reading and understanding factory orders, blueprints, schematics, work tickets, torque specifications.
* Experience with standard work instructions (basic skills/knowledge, capable of functioning independently)
* Experience with torque and assembly requirements for all parts and assembly procedures (basic skills/knowledge, capable of functioning independently)
* Experience with
leak test machines (or relevant), hand tools, various power tools (hydraulic,
pneumatic, electrical), and various air tools.
* One year of previous assembly or troubleshooting/repairing/operating equipment experience
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
* Caterpillar computer systems such as MES (basic skills/knowledge, capable of functioning independently)
* The ability to work safely and maintain that focus throughout the day
* Excellent communication skills as this position requires daily communication with supporting departments as needed to ensure their work is correct and accurate
* Previous automotive experience
* Previous maintenance experience
Physical Requirements:Candidates for all positions must have the ability to work in a fast pace, medium to heavy duty assembly, technical environment.
Please ensure you frequently check the e-mail account you provided on your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method in our recruiting process.LI
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as, H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities,
females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Relocation assistance is not offered for this position. Any relocation costs incurred would be the responsibility of the selected applicant.