The Technical Information Solutions (TIS) team, within Global Service (Americas Distribution Service & Marketing), create and deliver the technical parts and service information critical for the repair and service of Caterpillar products. Not a part gets sold, nor a machine or engine repaired, without the use of the information created, managed, and delivered by this team.
As a Product & Technical Marketing Consultant within the Service Technology team, you will have the opportunity to take the equipment maintenance and repair experience to a whole new level. Working closely with dealer product support operations around the globe, you will be accountable for exploring new technologies and seeking out new, innovative ways to improve technician efficiency and effectiveness. This role will require you to lead large, highly visible projects and drive ideas through to deployment.
Likely areas of investigation include:
• Guided troubleshooting content
• Displaying technical information through augmented reality
• Providing 3D models to users at scale
• How to enable users to identify parts using 3D models
• Automating creation of content that is currently created manually
• Pulling insights from product status reports, and other information repositories
Job duties/responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
• Leading investigations of new ways to create and deliver technical information
• Proving value of features through tests using Cat Technician
• Fully defining features and requirements to feed production deployments
• Developing business cases to secure required funding
• Serving as a coach and lead to the innovation team
• Managing project charters, communications, metrics, and project plans
• Serving as principal communicator with internal stakeholders
• Bachelor's degree
• At least 5 years of product support, service engineer, aftermarket, or dealer facing experience
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
• Demonstrated history of innovation, and using technology to solve problems
• Demonstrated ability to lead projects and drive results with high autonomy
• Demonstrated passion about delivering a world class experience for customers and dealers
• Prior project management, team lead or supervisor experience
• A technical background, or depth of experience in the troubleshooting space
• Demonstrated ability to investigate complex issues and recommend solutions
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Excellent human relations and communication
• Highly organized with attention to detail
• Demonstrated excellence in a team environment
• Travel requirement is less than 25%
• Domestic relocation assistance is available for this position if relocating to Peoria, IL
• Peoria, IL is the preferred location, however, remote candidates will be considered on a case by case basis.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website www.Caterpillar.com/careers.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.