As a product
service engineer in this role, you will be responsible for conducting field
follow activities on prototype and pilot excavators to identify and help
resolve NPI Issues. The job involves
working with the Field follow leaders and the NPI team to place machines with
customers for proper hour accumulation and application profile. You will make regular visits to the machines
and report issues discovered. Issues
will be documented and communicated in corporate systems and regular
You will be
responsible for following pilot machines in the China Region. When needed, you will also support prove
design machines that are sent to customer for early feedback. The job scope involves heavy communication
with the NPI team, dealers, and commercial teams. Through the course of a NPI program you will
follow the machines from delivery to rework and final sale. You will work closely with teammates to
balance workload and provide the best possible coverage.
and Models: All Excavator models from 311 to 390, delivered to China
for PD or Pilot Customer FF.
ET, DATK (Data Analysis Toolkit), Limited use of Canape, Power BI, MS
office may all be used during the field follow work.
Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Support identification of work sites
to achieve NPI program goals.
- Support initial delivery and
commissioning of pilot machines, including training on latest features
- Technical support to dealers through
duration of the program
- Documentation of all machine details
in PPRD, including: machine location,
hour accumulation, service work and all issues reported from customer or
- Create NPI Issues for any problem
identified that need resolutions or improvement
- Communicate issues through trip
reports, email and regular FF meetings
- Collect customer and dealer feedback
through face to face discussions and surveys
- Rework machines and update software
throughout pilot program
- Coordinate final disposition of
machines, either scrap or resale.
- Technical Training on Caterpillar
machines through experience as test/design engineer, dealership technical
experience, or Tier 2 DSN.
- 6 + years job related experience
- Experience working with machine
systems, including strong proficiency working with electrical and
- Self-starter with ability to travel to
remote locations and work closely with dealer and/or customer support
- Strong Communicator, both verbal and
- Electronic Technician and SisWeb
- Proficient English language skill
(both written and verbal)
Candidates Will Also Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in accredited
- Ability to perform complex machine
- Strong understanding of hydraulic
systems – including EH controls
- Basic understanding of structures,
undercarriage, engine, and emission systems
- Understanding of Cat Grade Control
Systems, including 2D/3D systems
- Familiar with company systems
including PPRD, NPI system, HVC desktop, SIMSi.
Key is the ability to communicate problems
to the NPI and Engineering teams, and work closely with these teams to help
identify root cause and corrective actions and drive NPI issues to closure.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.