JOB SUMMARY: Market and promote Caterpillar Financial Services Corporation (CFSC) and Caterpillar Insurance Services Corporation (CISC) financial products and services to Caterpillar dealers and customers in an assigned territory.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides professional representation in a given territory, which includes training for dealer management and support personnel concerning merchandising, and financing programs for private entities and governmental bodies.
- Counsels dealer personnel about tax law changes, finance concepts such as discounted cash flow, time value concepts, computation of interest, and financial accounting concepts (expense allocation, depreciation write-offs and balance sheet financing) etc. which are needed by dealer personnel to promote the sale of Caterpillar equipment with financing from Caterpillar Financial Services.
- Initiates and develops good customer relations through explaining initial transaction quotations to customers, collecting customer credit information, answering technical questions, evaluating and attempting to meet competitive offerings, and obtaining final customer acceptance of transactions.
- May have credit approval authority.
- Verifies customer signatures on documentation, collects initial payment, and secures necessary insurance information for contract completion.
- Administers existing financial contracts including conducting field audits of financed equipment to verify location and ensure proper use.
- Answers customer questions pertaining to property taxes and billings.
- Assists in the collection of past due amounts, oversees repossession of equipment as needed.
- Negotiates the restructuring of transactions to meet customer needs while meeting the expectations of Company management.
- Analyzes and evaluates the effectiveness of Company financing programs in a given territory.
- Evaluates current market trends and supplies new forecast information to management for inclusion in the Company business plan.
- Monitors economic activity in a territory, and reports equipment market trends and competitive financial offerings to management.
- Continuously evaluates growth areas and potential new markets for possible financing opportunities.
- Assists CISC in developing a positive working relationship with Caterpillar dealers.
- Assists the CISC staff in promoting insurance services to Caterpillar dealers.
- Provides the dealer with all promotional material on the various insurance products, some of which are passed on to the end-user.
- May explain the insurance products in detail and follows up with the dealers on questions or problems.
- Shows the dealer how financing and insurance can be sold as a complete package to meet customer needs.
- Participates in accomplishment of continuous improvement objectives for the department. Progress toward accomplishment of these is measured through maintenance of necessary measurements and analysis of associated data. Participates in the identification of problem areas and development of resolutions to address them.
- Understands the Harassment policy of the company and is responsible for its application in all aspects of employment.
SKILLS, ABILITIES AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Advanced knowledge of Caterpillar products, their applications, and their markets.
- Advanced knowledge of marketing and marketing techniques.
- Demonstrated knowledge of financing and leasing products, policies and procedures of the subsidiary.
- Advanced knowledge of credit and documentation procedures, processes and operations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply math computation skills including those used in financial modeling and forecasting.
- Knowledge of CFSC credit policies and procedures and pricing models to negotiate acceptable pricing and terms on transactions.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze the financial status of customers.
- Demonstrated ability to define finance/lease markets.
- Ability to drive a car or adequately arrange for transportation to and from dealerships, customer sites, etc.
- Knowledge of Caterpillar dealer organizations.
- 4 or 5 years sales experience in Bank or leasing company
- English - intermediate, Japanese - Fluent
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: A 4-year university degree or equivalent diploma and a minimum of 3 years exempt experience in credit, customer services, collections, marketing, and/or financial statement analysis is recommended. Equivalent experience may be substituted for education.