This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Bangalore, KA, India
Date Posted: Oct 5, 2020
As an Engineer you will be supporting Large Engines team to perform Design, development and maintenance of various engine components & systems (basic parts / fabrication / core engines / castings / Air / Fuel / Cooling / Lube / Electrical) towards NPI, CPI, Maintenance, Cost Reduction programs. You will work with a team to solve technical problems and delivery of projects, continually learn and stay abreast of innovative technology, mentor and guide team members, and deepen your professional network
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
• Design and development Engine components, systems and related processes
• Conduct technical evaluation, design calculations and participate in design decisions
• Utilize & follow key product development processes (FMEA, DVP&R, APQP, PPAP etc.) inherent in NPI, CPI & Cost Reduction Programs.
• Provide technical support to Manufacturing, Quality, and Purchasing Engineers during the proto development
• Following and updating designs through Virtual Validation, Build, Test and Validation processes
• Communicate results to global Process partners and other team members
• Ensure that drawing contains all the relevant information required for downstream usage
• Keeps abreast of latest technological advancements
• Knowledge of Engineering Materials and Manufacturing processes like Casting, Forging, Machining, Surface Finishing and Heat Treatment Processes are needed
• Complete projects on time and on cost
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
• 3 to 10 years of experience in the Design and Development of Reciprocating Engines
• Product knowledge on Engine Mechanical systems and components
• Strong analytical skills & good mechanical aptitude with ability to develop product concepts
• Willingness to travel globally up to 15%.
• Good communication, interpersonal and collaboration skills.
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
• Master’s degree in an accredited Indian or Global Engineering schools
• Proficiency with engine design & development.
• Excellent analytical skills
• Ability to perform complex assignments
• Self-starter with strong project management skills
• Enjoys working in a fast paced, technically challenging environment