JOB DUTIES: Position will be responsible for development, implementation and monitoring of Hardware Asset Management (HAM) Governance processes. Incumbent will be a member of the HAM team and will interact regularly with Security, ITAM, Infrastructure, Service Owners and Business Partner teams. Key tasks of the role will be training and assisting class and asset owners in the understanding of Governance processes, providing configuration requirements to the Configuration Management Data Base (CMDB) team and aiding contract resources executing Asset Management lifecycle processes.
Responsibilities vary, but may include one or more of the following duties:
1. Develop concepts and processes for hardware asset classes inclusive of existing and future technologies.
2. Provide expert leadership for the IoT Hardware Asset Class and assist with other Hardware Asset classes.
3. Work with Business Partners to develop plans to minimize the technical and/or business impact of Asset Governance processes.
4. Evaluate new hardware technology and develop Asset Management Governance standards for their use.
5. Provide project leadership, expert advice, and counsel to IT personnel, management, and project teams on the most complex aspects of hardware asset management.
6. Develop processes, or process improvements, to provide reliable services across functional lines.
7. Typically serves as a team member on one or more projects.
The position manages the completion of its own work assignments and coordinates work with others.
Minimal travel required (< 10% of working time).
BACKGROUND/EXPERIENCE: The position requires knowledge of computer hardware (mainframe, client/server, personal computer, telecommunications, etc.) technologies, interfacing of software, desktop support, telecommunications concepts and Data Base Management Systems. Strong analytical skills are required. Understanding of the Caterpillar organization is required. The position typically requires a relevant degree, technical certification or equivalent experience. In addition, seven to ten years of progressively responsible job-related experience is required. Jobholder initiates communication with others outside immediate work group to work on new ideas or to counsel others, etc. The ability to listen to others is important to the job.
The Hiring Manager sits in Illinois but location is flexible and can be remote within a North America time zone.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.