This position serves as a member of the Software Asset Management (SAM) team with primary responsibilities for the management of the Software Asset Catalog. Responsibilities of the position include:
1. Assist Software Owners to ensure the accuracy of data contained within the Software Catalog, inclusive of in-use and entitlement license information.
2. Train and assist Software Owners in the usage of the catalog.
3. Work with other Caterpillar areas of integration (SCCM, Service NOW, etc) to ensure accurate integrations and data sharing.
4. Assist in the management of the Software Ordering process.
5. Participate with the Asset Management Onboarding team to ensure approved software titles are integrated into the Software catalog.
6. Assist the Software Asset Compliance team as needed to support compliance and audit activities.
7. Fully knowledgeable of the Software Asset classifications, Software Asset Governance processes.
8. Typically serves as a team member on one or more projects.
Requires a relevant degree, technical certification, or equivalent experience. The incumbent should be knowledgeable in the usage and management of Software and Software licenses. Six to ten years in development and support work related to application or infrastructure technology is required. In addition, the incumbent should have a good knowledge of Caterpillar policies and procedures, and a general understanding of Caterpillar’s organization.
The Hiring Manager sits in Illinois but location is flexible and can be remote within a North America time zone.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.