This job posting is no longer active.
Location: , United States
Date Posted: Sep 18, 2020
JOB DUTIES: Position will be responsible for development, implementation and monitoring of Software Asset Management (SAM) Governance processes. Incumbent will be a member of the SAM team and will interact regularly with Security, ITAM, Infrastructure, Service Owners and Business Partner teams. Key tasks of the role will be training and assisting software owners in the understanding of Governance processes, providing configuration requirements to the Configuration Management Data Base (CMDB) team and aiding contract resources executing Asset Management lifecycle processes.
Responsibilities vary, but may include one or more of the following duties:
1. Develop concepts and processes for Software Assets inclusive of existing and future technologies.
2. Provide expert leadership for all Software Asset Governance processes.
3. Work with Business Partners to develop plans to minimize the technical and/or business impact of Software Asset Governance processes.
4. Evaluate new software technology and develop Software Asset Management Governance standards for their use.
5. Provide project leadership, expert advice, and counsel to IT personnel, management, and project teams on the most complex aspects of Software Asset management.
6. Develop processes, or process improvements, to provide reliable services across functional lines.
7. Typically serves as a team member on one or more projects.
The position manages the completion of its own work assignments and coordinates work with others.
Minimal travel required (< 10% of working time).
BACKGROUND/EXPERIENCE: The position requires knowledge of software technologies and Data Base Management Systems. Strong analytical skills are required. Understanding of the Caterpillar organization is required. The position typically requires a relevant degree, technical certification or equivalent experience. In addition, seven to ten years of progressively responsible job-related experience is required. Jobholder initiates communication with others outside immediate work group to work on new ideas or to counsel others, etc. The ability to listen toothers is important to the job.