WE BUILD WHAT MATTERS
What matters most to you? Is it being part of a strong team? Supporting your family? Solving global problems? You can do these and more at Caterpillar; where your work enables progress around the globe, and you contribute to meaningful work. Together, we can build what matters!
The Caterpillar Oil & Gas and Marine Division currently has an opening for an Pleasure Craft Segment Manager. This position can either be located in Houston, Texas. As a Pleasure Craft Segment Manager at Caterpillar, you will be responsible to develop a segment strategy that reflects the holistic view of the business in the segment, will provide the collaboration and stakeholder oversight to support the execution of the segment strategy. The Pleasure Craft Segment Manager leads the initiatives to implement, run and constantly improve the key account management processes within Caterpillar- and Dealer organizations. It is responsible to manage relationship with industry leading accounts in the assigned segment. The Pleasure Craft Segment Manager owns market sizing, profitability and OPACC for the assigned segment by assimilating market requirements, market trends, customer data and requirements. He / she ultimately identifies new opportunities for increased value proposition with the ultimate goal to achieve Caterpillar leadership within the Segments.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Develop and employ the overall vision and strategy for the assigned segment. It is a creative and analytical role, responsible to achieve goals in engine and parts business volume, PINS, POPS, profitability and customer satisfaction
* Establish and maintain effective Caterpillar internal partner relationships, dealer relationships and relationships with customer sites and head-office
* Establish high-level relationships with business decision makers and identify business needs and problems
* Develop, prioritize and implement strategies to address customer needs as well as securing commitment of Caterpillar and Dealer resources to assure continued customer satisfaction and increased sales
* Lead a team of 3-5 marine experts, immersing themselves in the targeted segments, assimilating market requirements, market trends, customer data and to formulate, document and implement creative short and long-term plans required to support the integrated marine strategy and serve as the champion and work cross functionally within various CAT and dealer teams
* Secure buy-in across organization to meet integrated segment portfolio goals
* Create detailed business cases analyses and financial models to support key strategic investment decisions
* Define, address and integrate segment specific opportunities into the overall marine strategy
* Act as a consultant to various departments within Caterpillar regarding the direction and strategies that key marine industry leaders will be adopting in the future
* Consult with Marine dealers and OEMs on the subject of sales and service support of product to this customer
* Travel extensively (More than 50%, internationally and domestically) to develop a deep understanding of the end-user’s business and their unmet needs and establish customer-focused operational roadmap for products, distribution- and marketing processes, etc.
* Runs a stringent key account management process for assigned customers. Take steps necessary to assure highest customer satisfaction in order to maintain and enhance PINS and POPS growth
* Provide senior specialist direction on a global basis in their field of specialty. This role will require providing global leadership and communication. It will include the direction of further specialist support resources within the broader Caterpillar and dealership organizations.
* Makes regular visits to customer sites. Incumbent must demonstrate leadership skills to develop and retain major customer and dealer relationships
* Must communicate effectively across product, industry, dealer and/or customer audiences to ensure strategic and tactical alignment with these business partners
* Bachelors degree or 10+ years of equivalent experience
* 5+ years of experience in the Marine Industry primarily in the Power Generation business
* Must have existing relationships with key players in the Marine Industry are required and expected to be maintained and further developed
Top Candidates will also have:
* Professional Business Acumen
* Exceptional listener, strong personal presence, engaging relationship skills, strong leadership experience, account management experience, commercial services sales, product and business solution sales, finance, fleet management
* Must have ability to work with people from many different backgrounds and cultures, internally and externally, with the appropriate influence and ability to resolve differences
* Good human relations skills are required to develop a collaborative/cooperative work relationship with others inside and outside the business
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.