For more than 90 years, Caterpillar Inc., has been making sustainable progress possible and driving positive change on every continent. Customers turn to Caterpillar to help them develop infrastructure, energy and natural resource assets
Caterpillar is the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. The company principally operates through its three primary segments – Construction Industries, Resource Industries and Energy & Transportation – and provides financing and related services through its Financial Products segment.
Caterpillar's Leadership and Technical Development Program (LTDP) is a rotational program designed to accelerate development of entry-level talent and provide a solid foundation for meeting challenges within the order to delivery function. The Leadership and Technical Development Program is a 3 year rotational program that consists of 3 or more rotational assignments intended to develop diverse technical and leadership skills in multiple positions – offering exceptional opportunities and exposure across the organization. While in the program, you will take on full-time responsibility of your role, while also completing and participating in program requirements and activities.
The Supply Chain Management Track enables candidates to move throughout a variety of roles such as logistics planning, inventory management, transportation, scheduling, replenishment, and supplier collaboration thus gaining a broad-based understanding of supply chain management. These various roles, businesses, facility locations, and functional opportunities empower you to drive personal and professional growth, alongside making a difference and driving results!
While in the program, you will complete three 12-month rotations, which are defined based on business needs. You must be willing to relocate to any participating facility in North America upon hire, and throughout each rotation while in the program.
Applicants will be considered for positions throughout the United States.
At Caterpillar, you build what matters – whether it’s the career you want, crucial work skills, strong relationships or new digital technologies. There are big jobs to be done worldwide – building critical infrastructure, bolstering local economies, meeting the demand for energy – and that work is powered by our people.
Every single Caterpillar employee moves our company forward. Piece by piece, part by part, person by person. Together we create sustainable, world-changing solutions that impact lives around the globe. Join our winning team and help build a better world.
- A current student, or recent grad, attending a 4-year accredited university/college earning a minimum Bachelor’s degree in one of the following degree programs:
- Business Administration/Business Management with a minor/focus in Supply Chain, Statistics, Math or Logistics
- Engineering Management
- Industrial Distribution
- Industrial Engineering/Technology
- Manufacturing Systems
- Manufacturing Engineering/Technology
- Supply Chain Management
- Cumulative GPA of 2.8/4.0 scale (no rounding)
- Graduation date between December 2018 to August 2021
- Willing to relocate and travel according to business needs
- Technically savvy
- Involvement in leadership, community service, and/or extracurricular activities
- Relevant coursework and/or projects
- Previous experience, co-op, or internship in a manufacturing or supply chain organization
- Strong teamwork, interpersonal and communication skills
- Exhibit of critical thinking, analytical skills, and initiative
- Demonstrated knowledge of order to delivery and supply chain principles
- Familiar with company policies and procedures
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers
For more information, visit caterpillar.com. To connect with us on social media, visit