Location: Wuxi, 32, China
Date Posted: Aug 27, 2020
This position will work in Caterpillar Research and Development Center (CRDC) Virtual Product Development department on Structure Analysis and machine simulation
The key role of this position is to use analysis and simulation process to validate the design concept as well as improve the designs in terms of reliability, durability and performance of the Caterpillar machine products and major structural systems.
The major responsibilities will be included but not limited to the items as below:
1. Work closely with the design engineers, machine integration engineers, Test engineers, manufacturing engineers and Global Corporate SME to complete the assignments.
2. Responsible for assisting the engineers to creating the virtual models, executing the simulations and conducting design iterations
3. Responsible for archiving the analysis and simulation model and results
1. Min. MS degree in Mechanical Engineering, Vehicle Engineering, Civil Engineering, Internal combustion engine, Aeronautics / Astronautics, Manufacturing Process, Engineering mechanics or equal, focusing on (all acceptable):
a) Structure fatigue / damage / fracture mechanics test and simulation;
b) Numerical method;
c) Metal / Plastic / Rubber / Composite material experiment and simulation;
d) Vibration (NVH) test and simulation;
e) Manufacturing Process validation & simulation;
f) Multibody / Flexbody Dynamics;
g) Engine and Powertrain structure FEA;
h) Machine level 1D performance simulation,
i) Multiphysics simulation (Electromagnetic),
j) Health Monitoring;
k) Reduced order modeling;
l) Integrated Machine Learning & Numerical simulation, etc.
2. Have FEA or other numerical Simulation knowledge is a plus.
3. Deep understanding on Fatigue / Damage theory is a plus.
4. Capable of CAE tool. Analysis software experience in ABAQUS and Nastran is preferred, however, experience in other equivalent engineering analysis software is acceptable
5. Have programing experience is a plus.
6. Excellent problem solving skill
7. Good English skill in reading, listening, writing and speaking.CET-6 preferred
8.Good communication and interpersonal skills
9. Strong initiative, teamwork skills