Location: Qingdao, 37, China
Date Posted: Aug 27, 2020
Position 1: Cab Design Engineer
Position 2: Transmission Design Engineer
Position 3: Drivetrain Design Engineer
Position 4: DCR Engineer
Design Engineer is responsible for developing a design that meets customer requirements, supports the design control product strategy, aligns to the performance recipe, and is manufacturable by the supply base. Working with other engineers and contract or offshore engineers on the same team, they will develop a design through the standard work of APQP, NPI, and CPI. This will include cascading requirements to tech specs, interface analysis, ownership of DFMEA, boundary conditions for analysis, creating the BOM structure, guiding the packing/space claim of the design, ownership of component costs, supplier process development and quality, and system integration within the scope of the design control.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
1. Conduct concept design on related products (such as Cab Engineer for cab structure and trim, operator control systems, seat and HVAC etc; Transmission Engineer for transmission and torque converter system & components; Drivetrain Engineer for drivetrain systems/components design; DCR Engineer for structure Design)
to meet product engineering target & customer requirement. Accountable for all design including 3D design, drawing quality, checking, releasing, but not limited to these.
2. Conduct product/system/components localization. Collaboration with global customer and partner about technical requirement, current production quality, customer satisfaction, assembly feasibility, manufacture feasibility etc.
3. Prepare and chair design review meeting
4. Collaborate with customer, buyer and SDE make right supplier strategy to ensure stable system/component delivery for new design and current product. Help on supplier process improvement
5. Conduct component and system DFMEA. Work out validation plan and get approval. Define special product and process characteristics (SPPC), etc.
6. Collaborate with SDE to make APQP process completely followed up for new component development.
7. Conduct component validation active, coordinate validation resource and review validation result
8. As system/components designer, advise and answer engineering questions which come from cross function team and customers, high frequently collaboration teams including SDE, Buyer, Application Engineer, Product Team and Sales & Marketing.
1. Bachelor degree or above in Engine/Automobile/Mechanical Engineering/Vehicle Engineering; Master preferred
2. Good at Pro/E and/or other model and drawing design assistance system
3. Good at multitasking optimizing and deliver desired result under challenging requirement of quality, cost & timeline.
4. Good English oral and written communication skills;CET-6 preferred
5. Good team collaboration
6. High customer focusing & high urgency sense to customer requirement
7. Excellent interpersonal and communication skill