This position serves as a Tech Lead within the Enterprise EPLM division of RI/IT
In this role, the candidate will work directly with Enterprise PLM technical resources as well as business process partners to develop, deploy, and support Caterpillar’s Enterprise PLM application suite of products. This candidate will serve as a general technology subject matter expert and identify, create, and implement process and system improvements for the overall portfolio of technology used by the team. This position will support lean product development and digital thread activities. Candidate will review/guide use cases, test case alignment, and risk profile aligned with EPLM tactical and strategic deliverables.
The successful candidate must demonstrate a high degree of technical knowledge, intellectual curiosity, a drive to solve complex problems, strong working knowledge of integration or Teamcenter-centric technology, a high degree of initiative and the willingness to consistently produce and deliver high quality deliverables. Candidate must have excellent communication
skills in both the verbal and written dimensions.
- 4-6 years of IT experience (application development and/or application support
- 2+ Years Relational DB/SQL Experience
- 1-2 Years Scripting (Perl, Java) Experience
- 1-2 Years Interface/integration development/support experience
· 2+ Years Teamcenter programming experience (ITK, Bom Config, TeamCenter –System Engineering, Multi-Site)
· High degree of problem-solving ability coupled with solid communication skills
· Strong customer focus
· Strong Desire / ability to learn in complex and evolving environment
· Prior server administration experience and understanding of Infrastructure concepts
· Experience with installation and configuration of Teamcenter
· Unix Shell Scripting
· Software design and engineering experience
Desired Education Requirements:
· 4 Year Computer-Related or Business Process degree
The Hiring Manager sits in Illinois but location is flexible and can be remote within a North America time zone.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers