This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Grimbergen, Vlaams Brabant, Belgium
Date Posted: Sep 18, 2020
For more than 80 years, Caterpillar has designed and implemented the world-class supply chain solutions that have helped make it the company it is today.
Caterpillar's Product Supply and Logistics Division aims to provide fully integrated supply chain solutions to its worldwide network of production facilities and distribution centres.
Within this division, the EAME Ground Inbound Transportation team is responsible for organising ground (‘truck’) shipments from our EAME supply base (+1.500 suppliers) to majority of our facilities in EAME (+25). This equates to about 150.000 shipments per year.
Caterpillar is looking for a Transportation Senior Business Intelligence analyst who's willing to further develop him- / herself within a team of experts in our Grimbergen office, near Brussels.
As a Senior Transportation Business Intelligence (BI) Analyst you will be developing breakthrough Analytics Insights (in Tableau or other applications) by combining business acumen with in-depth data understanding.
These insights will be used by the broader Transportation team and its business partners (Facility Business Resources, Facility Supply Chain Managers, Material Planners, Material Buyers....) in their quest for answers to business related questions. These can be from an operational and/or financial nature, but always somehow linked to the Transportation activities
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Design, build and maintain B.I and analytics solutions that turn data into knowledge
· * Understand and monitor business requirements and the business strategy to ensure that Insights continue to accurately meet business needs
· * Ensure activities within Analytics Tasks Force are delivered with an eye on effectiveness, efficiency and quality
· * Apply data driven approach to identify opportunities and drive projects
· *Act as senior team member within Analytics Task Force
o Support as senior team member in project management delivery
o Design, apply and demonstrate data and analytics best practices and standard processes within the organization
o Coaching of more junior team members within the Analytics Task Force
· * Master/Bachelor’s level degree from a college or university or equal qualifications in experience
· * Minimum 3 years of experience in Data Visualization (Tableau and Power BI is a plus)
· * Minimum 3 years of experience in ETL principles, design, languages and tools (Oracle, MS Access, …)
· * Experience in data & analytics landscape design
· * Experience in translating business requirements into functional and technical requirements
· * Experience in Project Management
· * Strong Problem-solving skills
· * Strong communication skills (written, oral and presentation) and ability to work with all levels within the organization (management, customers, IT Department)
· * Languages: Business English, knowledge of other Western European languages (eg Dutch / French) is an added value
· * Passion for technology and an eagerness to contribute to a team-oriented environment
· * Any background in / previous exposure to one or more of the following areas of expertise will be a plus: Transportation / Finance / Purchasing / Material Planning
· * Experience with Operational Excellence, Six Sigma and Lean methodologies
We are looking for a candidate willing to take on a new challenge, and willing to stretch himself/herself to acquire the above skill sets.