What matters most to you? Is it being a part of a strong team? Supporting your family? Solving global problems? You can do these and more at Caterpillar; where your work enables progress around the globe, and you contribute to meaningful work. Together, we can build what matters.
The Industrial Power Systems Division has an exciting opportunity for a Logistics Team Leader located in Griffin, Georgia. As a Logistics Team Leader at Caterpillar Inc. your role will be to provide direction and assistance to the operations teams involved in the assembly, test, engine finish of product, and logistics.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Helps shape team culture
* Provides direct leadership to employees on plant policy, procedures and practices
* Accountable for subsequent team and business results
* Provides input for and supports delivery in the management of the logistics department towards the achievement of the business plan
* Employs participative management skills to train, motivate and maximize performance of employees in all areas of the business
* Ambassador for continuous improvement
* Committed to the ongoing development of the Production Associates
* Establishes priorities for tasks
* Assures adherence to established standards, policies and procedures relating to quality, cost reduction, safety, good housekeeping, ergonomics, quality of work life, IS09000 certification and audits
* Participates in the training process to ensure that Production Associates or Temps are capable of producing a product or performing a service that meets or exceeds quality standards and customer expectations at a level of profit consistent with the business plan
* Spend 80 to 85% of the time leading teams, communicating with employees, and resolving problems relating to production
* Role model for the all Production Associates
* Required to arrive in time to lead the PID meetings and be ready for timely production start
* Participate in morning stretches on a regular basis
* Have a basic overall understanding that they are a support system for production
* Be willing to participate in the implementation of CPS principles and work diligently on their successful implementation
* Must be able to understand and identify all WASTE
* Meet all performance requirements in the Logistics area in order to perform to its agreed upon capabilities
* Be willing to fill in and help the team where needed to maintain support of production
* Be training/willing to train on all lifts in Logistics to maximize the ability to help the team when needed
* Be able to make sure that Logistics functions as a group to support production so that line stoppages are minimal
* Participate in ensuring that Team Members as well as themselves are driving the lifts in a safe manner and contributing in the efforts of keeping Logistics organized and clean
* Basic computer skills - capable of functioning independently with applications such as Microsoft Office
Relocation assistance is
not available for this position. Any relocation costs incurred would be
the responsibility of the selected applicant.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who
now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however,
as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the
U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers (http://www.caterpillar.com/careers).
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities,
females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.