At Caterpillar, we're working to help our customers build a better world. We wouldn’t be the Caterpillar we are today without the exceptionally talented, bright and driven people who get the job done. This is your chance to help us make progress possible around the world – for our customers, for growing communities and for every member of our team. We are looking for a dynamic, organized self-starter to join our Product Support and Logistics Division as a Trade Compliance Analyst IV in Peoria, IL.
Product Support and Logistics Division
We’re committed to our customers, who build a better world with our products, services and solutions. We understand and show the value of why they should always choose us. We’re exploring new ideas and opportunities – innovating to discover the breakthroughs necessary for tomorrow’s growth.
And we are one team – creating and delivering world-class components and solutions superior to the competition.
As a Trade Compliance Analyst IV, you will manage daily Customs compliance activity to ensure Caterpillar parts and product flow across international borders in compliance with Customs regulatory requirements. In addition, this role will ensure Customs compliance requirements are met for Caterpillar through a risk management and controls environment.
Job Duties and Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Understand business processes and associated risks.
- Retrieve and validate data from disparate systems and data sources and transform data into actionable insights.
- Provide feedback to team members related to import and export compliance activities.
- Empowered to take actions necessary to meet deadlines.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements such as automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery and implementing appropriate checks and controls.
- Interpret data and analyze results using statistical techniques (as appropriate) on enterprise spend and benchmarks in the context of Information Technology (IT) products and suppliers.
- Regularly work with Corporate Accounting to ensure bills and refunds are appropriately allocated.
- Develop and maintain a risk assessment matrix to measure risk for all import and export activities.
- Expert in import and export regulatory compliance
- Manage Caterpillar responses to governmental agency inquiries.
- Manage all legal documentation such as POAs, bonds, REAs, etc.
- Tracking all milestones throughout the government inquiry process
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Analytics, International Business, Business/Accounting, or related field
- 5+ years of job-related experience including 2+ years data analysis
- Proficient in formal written communications and technical writing
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
- Import or Export Certifications or License
- Previous experience as a paralegal is desired
- Knowledge of Global Trade Management Systems
- ERP business/system knowledge (SAP, GLS, MAMM, etc.)
- Familiarity of technical drawings
- Risk and Controls experience
- Ability to motivate and develop others
- Excellent technical and analytical skills
- Excellent planning and organizing skills
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
- Understanding of other government agency importing requirements
Relocation will be considered for a top candidate.
This position requires 10% or less travel.
This posting will close on Sunday, August 9, 2020 at 11:59 pm CST.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring
individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for
employment based non-immigrant and immigrant visas. However, as a global
company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which
can be found through our employment website www.Caterpillar.com/careers.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals -
including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are
encouraged to apply.
Relocation assistance is not available for this
position. Any relocation costs incurred
would be the responsibility of the selected applicant.