This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Peoria, IL, United States
Date Posted: Aug 3, 2020
The Cat Integrated Procurement (Cat IP) Digital Project Manager is accountable for ensuring successful completion of projects, on-time, and defect-free. The principal responsibility of the Digital Project Manager is to move from being an individual contributor to managing the planning and execution of project team members which include customer, dealer and Cat IP technical team members. The incumbent will be responsible for managing the project charter, communications, metrics, reporting, and the overall project plan.
The Cat IP Digital Project Manager will:
- Use knowledge of marketing and digital processes and business acumen to guide cross-functional teams in the execution of projects.
- Manage up to 25 onboarding projects concurrently.
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of Caterpillar Inc.; its products and services; its internal systems, processes, and procedures; and its relevant external influences (competitors, laws and regulations, market conditions, etc.) to meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Serve as the principal communicator with clients and internal stakeholders regarding project status.
Significant challenges of this position are working with people, enhancing the team’s creativity, facilitating the team’s cooperation, clearly communicating the requirements and tasks while gaining input from the team on refinement of same, translating both verbal and non-verbal information from the customer to management and team members. The Digital Project Manager acts as a spokesperson for the team in meetings, with multiple levels of management, and with the customer. As Project Manager, he or she must develop strong internal networks to enable them to obtain resources and cooperation needed, and remove roadblocks so they can ensure the success of their project team.
The Digital Project Manager demonstrates thorough knowledge of digital approaches/techniques and the ability to handle typical project issues. The position should be able to explain conclusions to customers who have limited knowledge or experience. The incumbent should exhibit strengths in areas of personal planning, organization initiative, delegation, leadership and interpersonal skills.
• Four-year Bachelor’s degree preferably in computer science, information systems, accounting, engineering or related field
• 7 plus years of project management experience working directly with dealers and customers
• 3 plus years of project management experience using Primavera
Top candidates will also possess these Qualifications
• Experience with Azure DevOps
• Familiarity with SaaS subscription management applications such as Zuora
• Familiarity with subscription-based business models
• Familiarity with Caterpillar telematics products
• Familiarity with the Caterpillar Dealer Service Portal (DSP)
• Familiarity with Power BI or similar data visualization software
• Experience working with onshore/offshore team model
• Strong accountability, teamwork, and interpersonal skills, and communication skills
• Background in Information Technology
• Background in Caterpillar accounting practices
• Good knowledge of Caterpillar policies, standards, procedures, and a broad understanding of Caterpillar’s organization policies, standards, procedures, and a broad understanding of Caterpillar’s organization
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers