Job Title: IT Analyst 1 - Applications
Salary: £31,000 - £35,000 (Depending on Experience)
Location: Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
Benefits: 25 days annual leave,
Contributory pension scheme - Caterpillar will double the employee's contribution Up to 10%
Contributory share scheme - Caterpillar will match 50% of the employee's contribution
CAT Advantage High Street Discount Website
Relocation/ Sponsorship: Not Provided for this role
Flexible working arrangements will be considered for this role, in-line with the needs of the business.
Who is Caterpillar? What do we do?
Caterpillar is a world leader in construction and mining equipment—creating innovative, cutting-edge products
and services that help our customers build the world around us. With that level of impact comes the platform
to care for the world, we work in. That’s why we lead sustainable green initiatives to preserve the environment,
help reduce poverty with the Caterpillar Foundation and stay involved in the communities we help build.
What will Caterpillar do for you?
From day one, you’re set up to thrive at Caterpillar: helpful training, relatable mentors, global experience, competitive salary package, work-life balance and the growth opportunities you expect with a Fortune 100 company.
The successful candidate will join the Energy & Transportation IT (E&T IT) team based in Peterborough, reporting to an onsite IT Manager.
The IT Analyst role has two principal objectives; Primarily the role will be to work with business process owners and subject matter experts to design and agree business requirements. Then working with Technical resources from our IT community to develop business requirements into technical deliverables by working out the appropriate IT solution and the creating specifications for the delivery teams. Throughout this development lifecycle you may be required to facilitate System and User Acceptance testing and data preparation.
The second part of the role is to provide application support for our Manufacturing systems across 5 regional sites within the Caterpillar Enterprise. This role is performed alongside a wider support team and required the ability to diagnose and resolve IT issues on complex systems. This part of the role will require you to work some unsociable hours as you will be required to participate in an out of hours support rota.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
• Document business requirements using a variety of techniques to identify the underlying requirements documented as user stories.
• Ensure that requirements are draw up with clear acceptance criteria that will underpin both technical and user experience test practices.
• Document system design using best practices for development team.
• Help manage changes to project scope, identify potential risks and impacts.
• Participate in knowledge transfer to support to support Business as Usual (BAU) model.
• Work to Service Level Agreement targets for system availability
Skills and Experience:
Candidates will have gained the following skills and experience through previous roles:
• Good communication skills both written and verbal
• Entry level experience of an IT Principal
• Methodical and good attention to detail
• Experience of working on multiple projects at a time
• Can demonstrate use of Problem solving and analysis
• System design documentation
• Can show appreciation of system and user acceptance testing techniques
Candidates may have gained the following skills and experience through previous roles:
• Database design and data management techniques
• Familiar with PL\SQL, Linux command line
• Familiarity with Agile framework for application delivery
• Familiar with IT Service Management (ITSM)
NB. The panel cannot make assumptions when shortlisting therefore please demonstrate your qualifications and experience on your CV relevant to the criteria outlined.
Pending the number of applications, the criteria for the position may be enhanced to facilitate shortlisting.