At Caterpillar, we're working to help our customers build a better world. We wouldn’t be the Caterpillar we are today without the exceptionally talented, bright and driven people who get the job done. This is your chance to help us make progress possible around the world – for our customers, for growing communities and for every member of our team. We are looking for a dynamic, organized self-starter to join our Product Support and Logistics Division as a Senior Logistics Management Consultant in Morton, IL.
Product Support and Logistics Division
We’re committed to our customers, who build a better world with our products, services and solutions.
We understand and show the value of why they should always choose us. We’re exploring new ideas and opportunities – innovating to discover the breakthroughs necessary for tomorrow’s growth.
And we are one team – creating and delivering world-class components and solutions superior to the competition.
As a Senior Logistics Management Consultant you will be responsible for leading, directing, developing, and executing LEAN improvement projects. The incumbent will lead the Inbound segment of the Value Chain Improvement program across Parts Distribution by focusing diagnosing complex business problems and providing recommended treatment plans to accelerate business improvements through the implementation and application of Lean Principles. Candidates must be proven leader who has demonstrated results driving significant value across the Aftermarket Supply Chain. The candidate must possess end to end supply chain experience, strong credibility with operations facilities, and capable of building and maintaining positive relationships. They must be able to influence leaders by making a creditable case for change based on their experience and Lean technical capabilities.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Identification, design and execution of a comprehensive program portfolio within the Aftermarket Parts End to End Value Chain
- Lead the design and re-engineering of our end to end value chain focusing on the elimination of waste and building of a high performing, efficient network, that delivers customer value
- Drive sustainable improvements across the network driving over $21M in OPACC (Operating Profit After Capital Charges) benefits between 2021 to 2023
- Implement control plans to ensure each of the projects sustain OPACC benefits supporting the PSLD (Product Support and Logistics Division) OPACC commitments
- Utilize Network benchmarking Lean Events across global Inbound Processing Centers within delivering year over year OPACC
- Design new visual management tools to help support the improvements across the Inbound segment of the Value Chain
- Support the deployment of LEAN training and support across all transactional areas within the Aftermarket Parts division
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- 8 years of progressive responsibility in Operations, Supply Chain, Logistics, or similar fields
- Certified 6 Sigma Black Belt
- Previous supervisory experience
- A global background and global mentality managing multiple complex projects
- Strong knowledge of end to end supply chain applications and external benchmarks across inventory, warehouse management, work force management, packaging, transportation and 3PL operations.
- Experienced skill set in the principals of change management, strong interpersonal and commercial skills, ability to work across multiple layers within the organization and with multiple customers.
- Analytical experience with the ability to turn metrics/big data into action plans
- Previous experience managing large project portfolios including defining the portfolio structure, meeting cadence and issue resolution to ensure results are sustained
- Ability to simplify complex projects and effectively design clear communications and presentation materials to a variety of audiences within the division
- Understanding of systems and technology namely warehouse management systems and how they interact across and within the value chain
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
- Extensive knowledge of all areas within Aftermarket Parts Distribution Supply chain
- Strong business acumen skills
- Experience working across a network with multiple facilities
- Demonstrated productivity improvement skills
- Extensive knowledge of distribution operations, inventory levels, computer capabilities, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Project management experience
This position does offer relocation.
This position requires 25% or less travel.
This position can be worked remotely in US.
This posting will close on August 5, 2020 at 11:59 pm CST.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment based non-immigrant and immigrant visas. However, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website www.Caterpillar.com/careers.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.