As a Research and Development Mechanic at Caterpillar Inc., you will continuously improve process efficiency by performing the assembling, fitting, and adjusting and/or dismantling required in the construction or disassembly of prototype and pre-production machines.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Work is widely diversified often without established procedures
* Assembly, adjusting, fitting, fabrication and disassembly of components
* Fitting for cooling system, hydraulic system, and wiring harnesses for adaptation of the test device to the test machine.
* Installing necessary test cables, connectors, thermocouples, etc. as required for a test
* Assembly of entire unit of a new design or the build up of subassemblies
* Incorporate improvements and developments in present production models
* Use various precision gauging tools to check accuracy of assembly and fitting operations.
* Plan method and sequence of assembly
* Use all common mechanic's hand tools, portable power tools, power presses, simple machines tools, and powered crane to assemble parts into complete unit, making alterations and hand fitting parts when necessary
* Makes suggestions concerning methods of overcoming difficulties encountered in assembly/disassembly, reasons for parts failure,
* Initiate possible changes in design to correct failure, and any other pertinent issues or data gained while performing assembly, disassembly, or component fit-up on machine.
* Possess 2-year technical degree in a field such as: earthmoving machines, diesel engines, automotive. Or, candidate must have earthmoving equipment dealer or military service technician experience greater than 2 years
* Heavy equipment or diesel engine experience
Relocation assistance is not available for this position
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national
applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific
employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar
offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through
our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers