This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Peoria, IL, United States
Date Posted: Aug 17, 2020
At Caterpillar, we’re delighted to be making a significant investment in our Salesforce capabilities. We have an exciting and challenging opportunity for a Salesforce Architect. This role will have primary focus on the Community Cloud vertical but will also assist in Architecture/Design components in the Sales and Service Clouds. This role will function as a senior member of Salesforce Solutions Team, maximizing the value of the Salesforce product while adhering to sound architectural practices. This role will frequently collaborate with Data Architects, Platform Architects, Solution Architects and Agile development teams to ensure we are building a scalable environment that meets our customer needs and prepares us for continued innovation.
JOB RELATED STATISTICS:
· Leads architecture solutions across Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Community Cloud verticals as well as Heroku and Integration projects
This position is recognized within the Cat Digital community as an expert in the Salesforce ecosystem. The Salesforce Architect will create and maintain architectural best practices, addressing application, data and technology in the context of business process across the various cloud verticals.
Key areas of accountability include participating in the development of Architecture Solutions for Strategic Cat Digital projects and programs; provide input into global technology roadmaps and application evolution plans; act as a researcher and evaluator of new technology, information or integration standards; and participate in strategy development for a specific technical or business domain.
Responsibilities include one or all the following:
Typical internal customers include employees within multiple business processes or functions including multiple Business Units and Divisions. In addition, this person may have direct relationships with Cat Digital Supervisors and Managers, and in some cases Directors. External contacts include various companies who purchase services offered by Caterpillar and/or suppliers who provide hardware or software to Caterpillar.
The position is challenged to identify problems quickly and correctly, some which may not be obvious. The incumbent solves problems by determining the best course of action with oversight as appropriate, within departmental guidelines, from many existing solutions. Communications for needed investments, architectural changes, or business needs is critical to ensure solutions can be created to meet strategic business capability needs
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or IT related field
• 3 plus years’ experience in a Salesforce Architect role
• Salesforce Certifications: Salesforce Administrator, Application Architect or Data Architecture and Management Designer
• 3 plus years of delivering component, product, and/or enterprise architecture in public cloud and/or hybrid eco-systems.
• 3 plus years of coding experience with an object oriented languages (Java, Spring, Python, etc.)
Top Candidates will also possess these qualifications
• Salesforce Certifications: Advanced Administrator, App Builder, Developer I/II, Integration Architecture Designer, Sharing and Visibility Designer
• Knowledge of options and approaches for handling security requirements such as Single Sign On and data security.
• Must have excellent communication and influential skills
• Solid understanding of Agile SDLC practices
• Experience with integration of 3rd party applications into Salesforce using both Web based technologies (Soap, Rest) and Integration/Middleware tools such as Informatica, Jitterbit and MuleSoft.
• End-to-End implementation experience with the Salesforce platform.
• Experience with test automation, peer review, CI/CD, resource optimization, etc.
Relocation assistance is available for this position
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.